XS Power

I have a xs d3400 under the hood(ford excursion)and a d2700 in the back.I also

have the big 3 done with a H/O 250amp alternator. I have 2 audiobahn 2300hcts

on 4 15s. At full tilt my voltage drops to about 11.6. Is this too much for those batts.

:help:or what? Can anyone help me with this problem or do i just need more batts...

How many watts are you pushing through the amps? What alternator are you using? When you are at full tilt and the voltage drops are you at idle?

Between the 3400 as a starting battery and the 2700 as a secondary battery you have about 7000 watts of power.

They have been clamped at 1950 each and yes that is at idle....

They have been clamped at 1950 each and yes that is at idle....

Have you checked to see what your alternator is putting out at idle? If not we can check it for you if you want to send it in. I would guess you are getting close to nothing at idle and it is pulling straight from the batteries, but that is just a guess.

Does the voltage drop like that if you are driving or have the RPMs up?

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Have you checked to see what your alternator is putting out at idle? If not we can check it for you if you want to send it in. I would guess you are getting close to nothing at idle and it is pulling straight from the batteries, but that is just a guess.

Does the voltage drop like that if you are driving or have the RPMs up?

Dont know yet, but i did drive the truck today so I will get a chance to key it up and check it.I just got the alt because my stock one burn out on me so i dont have a spare

so even if I were to send it to you guys it wouldnt be too soon(want to play a little). :yahoo:

Dont know yet, but i did drive the truck today so I will get a chance to key it up and check it.I just got the alt because my stock one burn out on me so i dont have a spare

so even if I were to send it to you guys it wouldnt be too soon(want to play a little). :yahoo:

I understand! Going by what you have posted I would almost be willing to bet you are getting nothing at idle, but I could be wrong. What type alt do you have?

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg