you can drive like a wuss :/

driving habits have more of an effect on mpg than the car. I've seen people get higher averages in an 8 cylinder bmw than a prius. driving a beemer like a grandma gets better mpg than a prius driven like mario andretti.

I know my car gets the ballpark of 9mpg when i drive like an ass, but 20city and 25+highway if i keep the revs under 2000 (and that includes pulling away from lights...)

my dad had a pathfinder that he boosted his highway mpg from 18 to 24 just by dropping his speed from 70 to 55. (hes that guy that tracks EVERYTHING about his cars)

drive more conservatively, get a tonneau cover, inflate the tires properly and make sure everything is aligned (squishy tires=more resistance=more power needed, same goes if they are out of alignment), and you'll see a boost. I run my tires 3-5psi over on roadtrips and I definately notice a bit more in my tank after my trip. (make the same trip from my house in li to school upstate like 10 times a year, so i kinda know where it should be at...)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

drive more conservatively, get a tonneau cover, inflate the tires properly and make sure everything is aligned (squishy tires=more resistance=more power needed, same goes if they are out of alignment), and you'll see a boost. I run my tires 3-5psi over on roadtrips and I definately notice a bit more in my tank after my trip. (make the same trip from my house in li to school upstate like 10 times a year, so i kinda know where it should be at...)

gotta cover. recently got new tires but i will check my tire pressure forsure. and it could be cause i like goin kinda fast ^.^

most of my rides are local. to lodi stockton or elk grove. around 30miles max per time.

2u5rf2c.jpg

I know some engine guru will say i'm wrong, but more or less, if you double rpm you about double air intake, and therefore fuel consumption. theres alot of variables involved (fuel maps, turbos, carb/injection, altitude, etc)

spending 10 seconds racing up to 60, getting the car up to 5000rpm, is like driving a whole mile calmly

driving at 75 where the engine is at 3000rpm vs 55 where its at 1500, youre basically doubling consumption for a less than 50% speed gain..

google hypermiling...those people basically take driving like a granny to the extreme, but alot of the stuff they do, normal people can do too.

some of those nuts get 50-70mpg out of normal cars and 100-200mpg out of hybrids

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC