Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

bracing vs double wall


tdc3187

Recommended Posts

Posted

Trying to start building the box this week for a 12"level4xl powered by a Fosgate Power 1500.1. Internal volume is 2.34 cubes minus sub displacement leaves 2.18 cubes.

I was originally going to build my box out of 1.5"MDF (two layers of 3/4) everywhere, now I am thinking I should just go with a double baffle and 3/4 everywhere with some well placed bracing. Will be doing 45's and will seal the inside of the box either way. Should I just keep the 1.5" without bracing or go with the .75" with bracing?

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

Posted

i would just brace with a double baffle. cheaper, lighter, can be just as effective, if not more, depending of your bracing

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2843 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...