Second Skin Audio

18 sealed?

rc.btl

i dont think 1 5 inch will be enough port area for it

i had 3 6 inch with my CV stroker and i had a bit of port noise lol

so could i do like 5 4 inchers or something along that line? thatd be enough id think

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

How much port area should I use? Like 50 in^2?

2004 Grand Prix

that would mean at least 60... dang.

2004 Grand Prix

Id love to make a dope ported box like 7cuft but i have a grand prix and have at most 5cuft haha

Derek: haha i gotta find someone to buy this thing!!! then i can buy my mcd's other wise im stuck with my btl.

i have a 18" BL in the trunk of a ford focus

and to what i have seen this is the worst trunk opening ever

i have tons well enough space inside the trunk but not much to fit the box in and out

basicly what i hat to do was have the sub fire up and i put the port fireing up too and i ended up with almost 5cf after supports corners and port and sub displace ment and it slap hard! and its not even 5cf

at 2min in this vid it shows my box

but my gains where rolled all the way down and my subwoofer level on the deck was down too so

but you can see my box and if i can fit that in mine i know you can fit a good size box in your trunk

cause my opening to allow a box in my trunk was like i think something like 16 tall and like 32 or 33 wide and then i just went deep with the box

:blink: This is why Fi has their IB3 series. Subs made specifically for Infinite Baffles.

Bro, since you already have the sub, I would say build a sealed box, and test it out. I highly doubt any of these people on here saying "don't do it!" has probably never done it, or heard a 18" BTL sealed. But they may have..I don't know, I just doubt it. I agree with Forevrbumpn though. Just experiment and try it out. What's the worse that can happen? You don't like how it sounds, you wasted like a day or so, and like $30. If it does sound good, and you like it, you didn't waste a day, or any money and you have yourself your box. I say test it out before you throw the idea out. Just my opinion..

FI says on there site no sealed box's i think the sub will over heat or just sound like crap... cause that sub is made to move air like i said you can fit a ported box in there and 5cf of ported box is just fine for one in a trunk

i have a 18" BL in the trunk of a ford focus

and to what i have seen this is the worst trunk opening ever

i have tons well enough space inside the trunk but not much to fit the box in and out

basicly what i hat to do was have the sub fire up and i put the port fireing up too and i ended up with almost 5cf after supports corners and port and sub displace ment and it slap hard! and its not even 5cf

at 2min in this vid it shows my box

but my gains where rolled all the way down and my subwoofer level on the deck was down too so

but you can see my box and if i can fit that in mine i know you can fit a good size box in your trunk

cause my opening to allow a box in my trunk was like i think something like 16 tall and like 32 or 33 wide and then i just went deep with the box

yeah i suppose but ur trunk is huge compared to mine u got the key thing to me and thats like clearence to get that box in with some height. since the sub is like 10.25 inches tall without surrouns i have to make a taller box which i dont really have the clearence for. but i can go wide and long. i wish i woulda known some of this before i bought that.

2004 Grand Prix

not a bad idea with the card board haha but svt4life how much port area do you have? cause it looks like an inch wide and like 20 long?

2004 Grand Prix

not a bad idea with the card board haha but svt4life how much port area do you have? cause it looks like an inch wide and like 20 long?

some where around there i forget..but maybe like 2or3 inches wide and like 22 or 24 long idk i forget

but it slaps and like i said its not quit 5cf but its tuned around 33hz alittle more i think higher i mean but basicly every song slaps and some just make you say shit lol

BUT IF HE CAN GO WIDE AND DEEP he will have no issue at all with a ported box make it tall enough so it can fit in and not to deep that you cant wiggle it in eaither just go as wide as you can fit and as deep as will fit you getting it in and out and then go to as close as you can tall rem you will have to drop the sub in the box before you load the box in the trunk lol and you should be good to go whatever those numbers are build it... and it will sound a million times better than a sealed box

basicly going as big as you can for you trunk that what i did and you seen what it looked like

OR built it in your trunk... nobody likes that thow.. that sucks.. its hard

Archived