cloggeddrain.jpg

the last couple days my kitchen sink has started to back up. i took the p trap off and checked it out, it was clean. i poured some Liquid Fire down the drain (the one in the floor not the sink) and i let that stand for like 30 mins. I put the sink back to gether and ran water to flush the drain and it backed up again. all the drains that goto my bathroom drain fine. Ever since i poured that liquid fire down the drain my bathroom smells like rotton eggs and i cant get rid of it. i left the bathroom window open all night and it still smells. does this sound like a clog or like a venting issue? I would figure its not a clog because that liquid fire is some nasty stuff. and since my other drains work fine i cant see how its a venting issue. any suggestions?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I am not a plumber but I am a pipefitter/ steamfitter. One thing is the best way to rid entire house of a clog is pour your liquid fire in the vent on the roof. It will stink up the whole nieborhood but will work the issue out. It sounds to me like you either have a callapsed main pipe from your house, or some issue on the city side.

We had a problem several years ago with roots in our main line. Once a year for probably three years we would have to have someone come out and rooter out the main line to get rid of them. I finally found some foaming root killer and have used it every year for about 4 or 5 years with no problems. Not sure if this would be your problem or not.

one of a FEW things come to mind...

Do people in your house flush large clumps of toilet paper or napkins down the toilet?

One possibility is that may have happened and somewhere down the drain there is a lump of paper...

Roots are another possibility.

Snaking the pipes might work but i'm just talking out of personal experience.

I'm not a professional so don't quote me on it

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

i dont think its on the cities side because there is only one main drain that goes to the street and as i said all the drains in my bathroom work fine. the vent comes off the pipe where the toilet drain is. i would love to get on the roof and have a look down that vent but my roof is very steep and i will die if i go up there. my luck ill slip right at the top and get all scuffed up before i hit the roof over my porch and then go flyin off on the the parking lot that is beside my house....that is about 6 feet lower than my yard.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

we can rule out roots because i only have on tree and its in the back yard, all my drains run to the front.

d(-__-)b

we can rule out roots because i only have on tree and its in the back yard, all my drains run to the front.

Do you have any neighbors with trees in the area of your main line?

hmmm do you have a garbage disposal?

Does that all tie in to the kitchen?

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

do you have access to a snake? The mechanical one of course. could be something stuck.

If you run all of the things in the bathroom will it still drain fine?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

We had a problem several years ago with roots in our main line. Once a year for probably three years we would have to have someone come out and rooter out the main line to get rid of them. I finally found some foaming root killer and have used it every year for about 4 or 5 years with no problems. Not sure if this would be your problem or not.

Yes this happens alot with clay pipe, and sometimes but rarely on pvc.

Does your kitchen sink back fill when other things except the washer are draining? If it does then you have either roots (as mentioned above), a clog, or a collapsed main line. If there is a access port in your basement try to snake it as far as you can.