Would this fuse work?

it may be braided though, does that make a difference?

To my knowledge it shouldn't.

What you want to watch out for is oxygen free copper (OFC) verse copper clad aluminum wire. OFC wire is a better conductor.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

To my knowledge it shouldn't.

What you want to watch out for is oxygen free copper (OFC) verse copper clad aluminum wire. OFC wire is a better conductor.

I think mine is good. My friends brother works at a car audio shop and got me 24FT he had laying around for 10 bucks

Edited by Tek

yeah I heard that before too. Thats why I asked. Its confusing!

Yes some of the information out there is quite confuseing. It took me awhile to understand this part back when I learned about the Big 3 in 05/06.

I myself would like it very much if a 3rd person or 2 more people would jump in and confirm that you go by the wire size.

When I finially understood everything fully and realized that you fuse by the wire size I knida let the technical details get forgot about as to why you can safely do it this away. If I remember rite you can actually get away without fuseing the line at all but I won't recommend that to anyone.

None the less I have had my big 3 done in 1/0 with a 300 amp fuse since 05/06 and have never had a problem.

Hopefully some others will jump in.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I will still be more comfortable if a few others jump in.

Terryswork001.png