Second Skin Audio

DC or AQ??? need opinions

tiller1

Soo im going to do a system in my other car i want to do 2 tens!

i was thinkin dc level 3's with level 4 coils or the heavy duty AQ tens.

amp is unknown but probably going to be 1000 watts at one ohm!

what are everyones thought on these 2 brands? which is better! also does anyone know prices on the dc's

and if anyone knows any other brands let me know!!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

You have to PM Rusty for prices.

About choosing, with those 2 options I would personally choose the heavy duty AQ. I am pretty sure the heavy duty AQ will handle more power easier than a level 3 with level 4 coils. But...I have not had PERSONAL experience with either subwoofers. All I have is an AQ amp, and I love it. But if I am not mistaken, DD and AQ use the same build house or something along those lines. So maybe somebody with experience with both subs will join in and give their opinion.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

You have to PM Rusty for prices.

About choosing, with those 2 options I would personally choose the heavy duty AQ. I am pretty sure the heavy duty AQ will handle more power easier than a level 3 with level 4 coils. But...I have not had PERSONAL experience with either subwoofers. All I have is an AQ amp, and I love it. But if I am not mistaken, DD and AQ use the same build house or something along those lines. So maybe somebody with experience with both subs will join in and give their opinion.

yea i pmd him a few days ago he got back to me for the info and i havent heard back soo idk whats going on? and i was thinkin about using the aq1200?? yes/no???????

yea i pmd him a few days ago he got back to me for the info and i havent heard back soo idk whats going on? and i was thinkin about using the aq1200?? yes/no???????

Well, I remember a few weeks ago there were about 5 different topics made about asking how the AQ1200D did in the amplifier section. You can go search for them and read other peoples response that have used the amplifier.

I personally love mine. I will play it for an hour straight at full tilt down the interstate on the way to school, will get to school and the amp will still be nice and cool, same with the sub. The clipping indicator on the remote bass knob isn't bad either :good: If I had to recommend my friends to an amp that would give out 1k-1.2k RMS, it would be this one.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

The aq1200d is a good amp for the price. itll do rated power if you have good eletrical. as far as the subs go. the lvl3 will be louder on that power just because youll be putting almost half of what the HDC3s are rated at.

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

The aq1200d is a good amp for the price. itll do rated power if you have good eletrical. as far as the subs go. the lvl3 will be louder on that power just because youll be putting almost half of what the HDC3s are rated at.

soo should i get the level 3s??? is that what your saying

If you want to upgrade in the future with the AQ's you can just buy a bigger amp and keep the same subs. From what I hear the AQ's can handle 3000 rms if you get the aluminum coils.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

if you dont intend on upgrading anytime soon then yes. the HDC3's would need the 2200D or bigger to get them moving good which you need really good eletrical to run safely.

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

I would go with the AQ. If you have stock electrical go with what Decaf said. The HDC3's will need 2000 a piece to get them to there potential.

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Archived