Second Skin Audio

Keep Blowing Subs..need Help

Hey everyone...i'm new here, great forums! very informative and i love the videos too.

aight so heres whats up...I have 2 audiobahn AW1200V subs, rated at 700 watts RMS and an Audiobahn A1300HCT high current amp rated at 1200 watts rms @ 1 ohm. I have the subs wired correctly for 1 ohm, but ive blwo 2 of the subs in the past 2 weeks! i tried setting the gains a bunch of times like it says in the guides but nothing is working...any clues? i'm not blowing fuses or anything, i just start smelling the voice coils burning and the sub starts to make this rattling noise. please help me out

if you need more info just ask

thanks

-kevin

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

Hey everyone...i'm new here, great forums! very informative and i love the videos too.

aight so heres whats up...I have 2 audiobahn AW1200V subs, rated at 700 watts RMS and an Audiobahn A1300HCT high current amp rated at 1200 watts rms @ 1 ohm. I have the subs wired correctly for 1 ohm, but ive blwo 2 of the subs in the past 2 weeks! i tried setting the gains a bunch of times like it says in the guides but nothing is working...any clues? i'm not blowing fuses or anything, i just start smelling the voice coils burning and the sub starts to make this rattling noise. please help me out

if you need more info just ask

thanks

-kevin

That amp might be sending them a distorted signal, which can cause subs to blow. Also, the subs are most likely overrated and may be blowing because they can't handle the amount of power you are showing them.

Edited by 07mazda3s

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Yea, try wiring ur subs to 4ohms or 2ohms....whatever ohm the subs are. then see if they blow.

the subs are dual 4ohm voice coils

i cant understand how the subs i have are 200 watts more rms than my amp, yet im blowing the subs...is that normal?

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

well audiobahn over rates everything. they definitely arent the best company, nor products.

yeah i havent had the best of luck with audiobahn :/

i guess i need some suggestions on new equipment...anyone have any suggestions?

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

well it all depends on ur rice range..chevy boy is right. they over rate their products.and chances are u over powered them and thats where ur problem is. if u want u can prolly wire them 2 4ohms but that will be quieter. or u can buy new subs and start with something better. i have 2 alpine type r's and for the price i paid for them they pound....if u are gonna buy new ubs how much money u have to spend?

well it all depends on ur rice range..chevy boy is right. they over rate their products.and chances are u over powered them and thats where ur problem is. if u want u can prolly wire them 2 4ohms but that will be quieter. or u can buy new subs and start with something better. i have 2 alpine type r's and for the price i paid for them they pound....if u are gonna buy new ubs how much money u have to spend?

well right now im tight on $$ but i can wait a little while its not a big deal...what do you think is the biggest bang for my buck? oh and what should i do for a box? right now i have a small ported box but my trunk is pretty small (its an 88 audi 90, im not sure in cubic feet but its pretty small). should i make my own box? should i buy a different one?

Edited by kevinb721

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

well if u can give me a ball park range of what u can spend i can help with the best bang for your buck on subs. and if i were u i would buy some materials and make a enclosue that meets the specs of the subs u have ( or the ones ur gonna buy )