Dan208 Posted February 18, 2010 Report Posted February 18, 2010 I got to work last night and turned the volume down and noticed a slight scratching noise comming from my sub. On the way home I played around with it at very low volume to see if I could hear it again, and the sub could play for a while and then stop working. Then play for a while and stop, etc, etc. A little while ago I took the sub out of the box to have a look at it. I pushed the cone in and out with my hands and could not get it to make the scratching noise. The only thing that looks like it might be wrong is, on one of the tinsel leads, there is a very small spot (I'd say smaller than a pencil eraser is round) that is really light brown. It's not noticeable unless you get really close to it. I haven't had a chance to hook it back up yet, but does it sound like I already fuxored up my sub? I've pushed it pretty hard over the last two days, but not to the extreme. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
cubs_fan0718 Posted February 18, 2010 Report Posted February 18, 2010 That little spot might be it, is it a dual or single voice coil? u coulda fried that lead. 06 Impala SSKenwood Excelon DDX593 Ampere Audio 150.4 Ampere Audio 5K1 XS D4700 (front)Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3 Lots of Second Skin Damplifier Under Construction for 2017
Gingeriffik Posted February 18, 2010 Report Posted February 18, 2010 I have had this happen to me befor. It seemed like there was a type of short in the lead, and it would make and break contact every once in a while. I would suggest replacing the lead. <>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10 2 - JBL W15Gti 2 - JBL BP1200.1 Knu 1/0 Wiring Kenwood KIV-BT901 Kenwood/Garmin Nav.
Dan208 Posted February 18, 2010 Author Report Posted February 18, 2010 That little spot might be it, is it a dual or single voice coil? u coulda fried that lead. Dual. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
Forevrbumpn Posted February 18, 2010 Report Posted February 18, 2010 when that tinsel gets to much flex, it frays, and then when current goes thru it, it gets hot, and eventually burns what woofer? I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Dan208 Posted February 18, 2010 Author Report Posted February 18, 2010 when that tinsel gets to much flex, it frays, and then when current goes thru it, it gets hot, and eventually burnswhat woofer? It was built for my by ssackett. I tried getting a picture of it, but none of them turned out. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
Dan208 Posted February 18, 2010 Author Report Posted February 18, 2010 Yeah, it's screwed. I put it back in and nothing happened. Touched the cone and it started playing. Then it would stop and I'd touch it again and it would start playing again. Should have known I'd screw something up. :censored: I'm just glad the sub was the only thing I installed. Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.