Major Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My old alt went out on me, and my new one came in today. It's installed correctly, big 3 is done correctly, and my batt is fully charged. Well today i installed my alt, and i started the car and i hooked up my volt meter and it said 11.9 and just kept going down unti 10.1 i was like WTF. So i charged the batt on the charger, and tried it again, it did the same thing. So i went for a ride, I noticed that my alt is working great when the car is moving the voltage stays up around 14.4-14.6. Now for the weird part, i hooked my power wire back up to the amps and full tilt while moving went from 14.5 to 14.4. So i go home turn off the car and hook my volt meter up and with the car off the batt is running 12.6. Can somebody please tell me what is going on, My batt is good, connections are good, the alt is hella good, what is going on, why is the voltage that bad when the car is just sitting when it's on.

Edited by Toady

Just out of curiosity, did the alternator come from DB electrical as its listed in your sig?

Yes it did, my old one before it messed up did it also, i think whatever my problem is was happening when my first stock alt went out

Guest DC Power Rob

It is the alternator most likely. It's probably a small case 220A CS130D and has zero output at idle. There's most likely nothing wrong with the car itself, just an alternator with no output at idle..

It is the alternator most likely. It's probably a small case 220A CS130D and has zero output at idle. There's most likely nothing wrong with the car itself, just an alternator with no output at idle..

I talked to another guy on here, and he has the same alt but for a sentra, and his has 110 at idle and actually does it, it's weird because my old one was about 70 at idle and was fine for 9 years, and went out a week ago, and b4 it went out i noticed it

I talked to another guy on here, and he has the same alt but for a sentra, and his has 110 at idle and actually does it, it's weird because my old one was about 70 at idle and was fine for 9 years, and went out a week ago, and b4 it went out i noticed it

rob knows just a little bit about alternators ;). i would listen to him instead of guessing yourself.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

rob knows just a little bit about alternators ;). i would listen to him instead of guessing yourself.

Im not knocking his knowledge about alternators, Im glad he is trying to help, It's just I think it might be something else, i mean he might be right about the zero output at idle, but i also think there is something else because it was happening with the old one, Thats all

well im sure its not 0amps at idle but maybe its only 50 amps. your car needs more than that to run so the battery drains trying to keep the car running.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.