DC Sound Lab

franks babys are born

not complaing just showing what happend i thought the coil would have cooked 1st not a partly torn surround its not even all the way threw they were perfectly fine in my 6th order but it was smaller then this box if i had a smaller box i dont think it would have happend

the rms is about 800 seeing as how they have hte level 4 coil i was told it adds 30% power handling

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

so you put 1000-1200 to a 600rms sub and are complaining about issues??

Makes sense to me.

perfect sense

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

i love thes dc sub videos but the tearing of the surrounds has stopped me from buying them so when i seen that thor went to high roll surrounds i thought yes now i can get my level 5 12''s im high roll then he tore his new surrounds so im thinking hes overpowering them and now i see your post 1500 watts on a pair of level 3's i wont be ordering mine till this issue is resolved just hope my subs can hold out that long. dc rubber surrounds problem solved!!!

This made me LOL

Your talking 5,000w + to a 2,000w speaker- and upwards of 1500w on a 600w driver.

ALSO- you said they were inverted? could have very well been not centered properly and the edge of the speaker hole did damage to your surrounds during excursion. (i've done it before :up: ) Thor has said before that his surround problem is due to his box design not quality or size of the surrounds DC is providing him with.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

This made me LOL

Your talking 5,000w + to a 2,000w speaker- and upwards of 1500w on a 600w driver.

ALSO- you said they were inverted? could have very well been not centered properly and the edge of the speaker hole did damage to your surrounds during excursion. (i've done it before :up: ) Thor has said before that his surround problem is due to his box design not quality or size of the surrounds DC is providing him with.

-Drew

thought about that yes but i cheaked and i dont think they were it is possible tho its still intact its like... 1/2 a mm threw thr surround one is almost all the way around the other is 1/2 way around thats "torn"

the coils look brand new still thats a good thing could very well be my box design also

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole