Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, im new to the forums and subs in general. In my car i currently have a 12" Pioneer TS-W1208D2 1400w sub. I found a cheap Sony Xplod 1000w mono amp for like $20 with 380 rms to power it. I'm looking to get a new box, new amp and another 12"Pioneer TS-W1208D2. The subs are 400w rms so it would be 800rms in total. Would i be better off getting a nice brand 2 channel 2000w amp or is 2 channels even needed? The sub is two 2 ohm voice coils or 4ohms (which in itself confuses me). I was just looking for some suggestions on amps, boxes ( ported or not) and if i will need additional things such as another battery or something.

I currently have my sub connected 4 ohms from the amp.

thanks for the help,

Brian

Edited by B-rab

is the sub a dual 4 or 2

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

well you can wire two and get a final two ohm load just need a mono amp thats two ohm stable thats 800 rms

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

do a little research what kind of budget do you have for buying an amp Im happy with my planet audio amp they also have a good warrenty if bought through a dealer but there are alot of good companies out there just do a little shoppin

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

big 3 1/0

u should shop around a bit. just dont go with sony. u could get a kicker zx750.1. thats around 800rms at 2ohms cuz kicker underrates their products. you can also get an extended warranty if install it with a kicker amp kit

NEW ORLEANS SLAP

Alpine CDE-103BT

2 12'' JL Audio W3v3-4

Hifonics HIF1500.1

that amp seems affordable and pretty good based on the reviews i read. What gauge wire would you suggest for this amp? I currently have 8-gauge wiring in my car, would 4 be better or not really make a difference? I'm trying to stay under $300 with this new setup. Found that amp for $200, Another sub will run me about 80 leaving not to much to spare. Also, Ported box? Any suggestions on Cubic feet and port size? Like i said im new to this but i can make the box.

thanks for all the help so far,

Brian

Could also get an AQ1200D, rated at 870 RMS @ 2 ohms. Would just have to be easy on the gains. But there are tons of companies around that will put out around 800 RMS @ 2 ohms, just have to shop around and find a solid one in your price range.

About what size wire, 4 AWG will easily work for this application. You could use 0 AWG if you wanted to... but you would have to shave the wire down a bit so it will fit into the amp.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz