DC Sound Lab

I have been outta the audio game for a while, now I am back in and with a nice little system **thank you rusty, again this sub is crazy**. So with my last little system I hadn't heard of a break-in period, I am assuming breaking it in for me means take it easy for a couple of days to a week before I play some young jeezy at full tilt.

Anyone explain how to embed a video while I am at it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

this typed [ youtube]

[ /youtube] minus the spaces. What am I doing wrong Edited by tdc3187

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

Gotta play it hard to break it in. Not like an engine. Engine still turns full stroke at low RPM. If the sub is not moving, the suspension is not stretching out and breaking in.

When you know everything is hooked up correctly, let it rip!

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I was wondering the same thing. I've read in multiple plases to free air the sub at its fs frequency for 10 minutes or so. Give it little power until it reaches xmax, then let it go. I have no idea on the validity of this suggestion as i have not ever done so myself... :/ There are mixed answers everywhere...

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, &#x27;Ray&#x27; said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Gotta play it hard to break it in. Not like an engine. Engine still turns full stroke at low RPM. If the sub is not moving, the suspension is not stretching out and breaking in.

When you know everything is hooked up correctly, let it rip!

Incorrect, they only reach their maximum stroke at high RPM, mostly due to internal stresses and heating of course.

Wanna prove me wrong? Run a motor at 2,000RPM for ~200,000KM then rev it up to 4,000RPM+ and show me whats left of your rings. The cylinder wall will crack them due to a step that gets made from the ring causing wear.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

no subwoofer breakin. its pointless

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Incorrect, they only reach their maximum stroke at high RPM, mostly due to internal stresses and heating of course.

Wanna prove me wrong? Run a motor at 2,000RPM for ~200,000KM then rev it up to 4,000RPM+ and show me whats left of your rings. The cylinder wall will crack them due to a step that gets made from the ring causing wear.

I know about motor break in. You missed the point of my post, or you just wanted to be an a$$. The point of this post was not to get into motor break in. The point was taking it easy on the sub does nothing for breaking it in. . .nothing more.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.