Fusing the new setup

So if i do one run of 1/0 from each alt and one from the front battery (giving me a total of three runs from the front) i need to:

1) Go from each alt to a 325A fuse

2) Go from the front battery to a 325A fuse

3) From each 325A fuse to the rear batteries

4) From the rear batteries into a 380A fuse

5) From each 380A fuse to each amp

In my case i will either be running AQ3500D.1 or Cadence ZRS-C5 for the subs.

The AudioQue site recommends a 380A inline fuse. The 3500 also accepts two 1/0 positives. Should i run a 380A fuse for each positive connection on each amp?

For Example: I am running two AQ 3500D.1's that would give a total of four 1/0 positive terminals, two on each amplifier. I would have to run four 380A fuses between the rear batteries and the amplifiers.

OR

For Example: I am running two AQ 3500D.1's that would give a total of four 1/0 positive terminals, two on each amplifier. I would have to run four 190A fuses between the rear batteries and the amplifers

Help here would be well appreciated.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Every cable that comes off a battery's positive terminal should have a fuse within 1ft of the battery. And a 380A fuse will take around 700A to blow it, if you're using long runs of 0 gauge this is NOT good. I use 250A fuses on long runs of 0.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Up front i need to fuse for the wire, correct? thats where the 325A fuses come into play.

and basically i was just wondering if i need to fuse in the rear by the amps? Those particular amps call for a 380A fuse but they have two positive inputs.

how should i tackle this?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Up front i need to fuse for the wire, correct? thats where the 325A fuses come into play.

and basically i was just wondering if i need to fuse in the rear by the amps? Those particular amps call for a 380A fuse but they have two positive inputs.

how should i tackle this?

If you are hooking the amp up directly from the front battery, you will only need a fuse up near the front battery. If you are having a run from the front battery, to a battery in the back, to the amplifier. You will need a fuse near the front battery, with a fuse on the same wire near the back battery. Then with the wire coming off of the second battery to the amplifier you will need 1 fuse.

325A is the max size fuse you can put into 0AWG, but I wouldn't recommend doing that in a long run (front to back), only a smaller wire (like back battery right beside the amp). You said the AQ3500D has 2 positive inputs, right? If that is the case, and you run the amp straight off the front battery, just use 2 runs with 300A fuses. If you are going to run it off the back battery right beside the amp, I would say 2 runs with 325A fuses will be safe.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived