I need help with my website!!!

Guys I have a major problem on my hands. First & foremost i know nothing about programming or webdesign. Having said that, i built myself a website using dreamweaver. It looks great when you look @ it using IE8, the new safari, or firefox. The problem is that a lot of folks still use IE5, IE6 & IE7. The site looks totally jacked up using these browsers.

Can someone here please help me fix this mess so that my site is compatible with the older IE browsers? Please PM me if you think you can help me out. My email address is [email protected] if you prefer email.

Here is my site: BigLake411.com Apparently the bulk of the problem is with the homepage. Thanks in advance.

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I'm willing to pay to get this fixed. I have car audio stuff to trade too. I just really need to get this fixed asap!

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

What you need to do is add some conditional comments. They are designed to give special instructions meant only for Internet Explorer on Windows. In the head of your page you can add something like:

<!--[if IE 6]>

Special instructions for IE 6 here

<![endif]-->

or

<!--[if IE 7.0]>

Special instructions for IE 7 here

<![endif]-->

You can add the styles right in those blocks, or call a whole new style sheet for those specific browsers.

99 Ford Explorer Sport

Alpine 9886

Infinity 7541a

JL 12w3

Viper 771xv

Ok....... Would you be willing to do that for me? I have no clue how to do what you just described.

dj2q.jpg

I built the site with dreamweaver because a buddy of mine told me that it was dummy proof. Apparently it isn't! LOL I could screw up a bread sandwich!

dj2q.jpg

Anybody?

dj2q.jpg

Just PM or email me & let me know if if anyone can help me out. I just don't have a clue how to fix this. Thanks.

dj2q.jpg

I guess I am gonna have to beg for help. Please Please Plese Please Please Please Please Please Please Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dj2q.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have been working on this for a few weeks & I thought I almost had it figured out. i guess I was wrong. I added a new stylesheet for IE7 but the nav bar @ the top of the page won't work. The spacing is way off in IE7 on some of the modules on the homepage too. Can anyone help me figure this out. I will pay to get this fixed!

dj2q.jpg

I have tomorrow off. Send me a PM with the exact details and either your FTP info or set me up a temporary account.

If you don't know a ton about web programming have you thought of maybe setting up wordpress as a content management system? We develop literally 2-3 wordpress sites a week and they work great for everyone from local units of government to floor cleaning businesses.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000