Sundown Audio

AMP PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!!

hamel52

I have an alpine pdx 1.1000 amp hooked up to 2 12" kenwood subs 4ohm single voice coil just have them hooked up straight, when i turn up the volume over 20 the amp powers down and then i have to flip my remote switch off and on to get it back. Just wondering if anyone knows why the amp is shutting down at high volume i have the gain all the way down on the amp too? any body know the solution? Thanks

gain all the way down bass boost all the way up?

btw where is the gain knob pointing to (example) .2v or 8v. .2v is all the way up and 8v is all the way down.

but its probably a shitty ground you got, or too small of power wire

gain all the way down bass boost all the way up?

btw where is the gain knob pointing to (example) .2v or 8v. .2v is all the way up and 8v is all the way down.

but its probably a shitty ground you got, or too small of power wire

this amp doesn't have a bass boost knob on it and everything is connected the same as when i had my type r's and it worked fine but they voice coils burned out on them they were like 3 years old so i just replaced them with some cheaper subs cuz i don't have the money and this is happening. not sure why

this amp doesn't have a bass boost knob on it and everything is connected the same as when i had my type r's and it worked fine but they voice coils burned out on them they were like 3 years old so i just replaced them with some cheaper subs cuz i don't have the money and this is happening. not sure why

you might have blown the speaker output terminals on the amp! that sound like what was happining to mine!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Archived