i need a refresher please

i was in an argument with a friend of mine the other day, and it all started cause he said that every good system running a lot of power always have to have a capacitor, which i knew wasn't true but i couldn't explain why.

i just could think that it was another strain on the alt

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

he says a 3 fared cap needs to be on any system 3k an up, i plan to have a fi btl 18 off a sundown 3000d, with a 900amp batt under the hood an another in the back, an a at least a 200amp alt with big 3

would i put a capacitor in the back or another batt in the back

and why

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

just get a second battery a cap just drains when the bass hits a battery will hold up better.

see that's the kids of things i want to know, lol so tomorrow at work i can prove him wrong with facts lol

man i cant belive i couldent think of how that worked lol thanks guys haha now i can rub it in his face i was right jk he thinks he knows everything about audio an stuff cause he does dj an karaoke