Officially stumped... Need help.

I still have the stock HU in my lacrosse, right? It's an 05 with all the fancy shit. Stock OnStar, door chimes, etc.

And I have this Alpine HU just sitting here begging to be installed.

What all do I have to do to put this Alpine in my Lacrosse?

Obviously a dash kit, roger, I just ordered that.

But what about all the OnStar and door chimes adapters?

Do I have to have them or can I just hook up the speakers/12v/12v switched/ground and have them work?

I don't need any of the fancy crap. I don't use OnStar (expired anyway)and door chimes piss me off. I just want sound out of a fucking radio.

It's a non-amped factory system, BTW.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket HU in any new model GM and what did you do to make it work?

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

you will need a harness adapter that plugs inbetween the factory harness and the radio's harness you can get them with or without onstar who did you get your install kit from they probbally have the harness dadapter if not Id suggest getting one unless you want to spend a couple of hours hacking into the factorey harness Id strongley suggest against that

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I still have the stock HU in my lacrosse, right? It's an 05 with all the fancy shit. Stock OnStar, door chimes, etc.

And I have this Alpine HU just sitting here begging to be installed.

What all do I have to do to put this Alpine in my Lacrosse?

Obviously a dash kit, roger, I just ordered that.

But what about all the OnStar and door chimes adapters?

Do I have to have them or can I just hook up the speakers/12v/12v switched/ground and have them work?

I don't need any of the fancy crap. I don't use OnStar (expired anyway)and door chimes piss me off. I just want sound out of a fucking radio.

It's a non-amped factory system, BTW.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket HU in any new model GM and what did you do to make it work?

I know you need the door chime box to sit in between the new HU and the factory harness... I just got my girlfriend a pioneer deh-p4200ub and put it in her 07 chevy cobalt... the dash lights and the interior lights wouldn't come on and no blinker click or door chimes until i got her the box. then everything was back to normal. the box makes the noises sound a little bit different but she's into car audio as much as me so she plays it loud enough to not hear :)

Yeah, I got another paycheck here so I went ahead and got the GMOS-01 for good measure. I got a pigtail harness so I don't have to cut any factory wires. I plan on redoing the sub box/es this weekend too. I may end up doing it as an after work project next week but I have a few pieces of goodies flowing in all next week. Imma redo all the power wiring and maybe battery/ies in the next two week too.

God it feels good to have a nice job.

I'll take plenty of pics and writeup what I'm doing while I'm at it. For educational purposes of course.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Archived