Ill be an E-4 after schooling.

they are not going to make you an e-4 directly after school. Dont let them lie to you. If they do then the air force is more fucked up then I imagined

regardless do you really want a car payment that is 500 bucks when you are bringing in 1400 or less a month for income?

500 for car

150-200 for insurance

100 for cell phone

thats half your income right there.

I say this because Ive seen people do it and struggle. living paycheck to paycheck with barely enough money to put gas in their tank and never leave their barracks. either save your money for a larger downpayment or pick a used vehicle.

One other thing you said the money you make for being in. whats air force boot camp? 8 weeks? don't expect a large amount. maybe an additional thousand or so.

Edited by n8ball2013

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My sister did the same thing im doing but she went in for medical im doing mechanics and shes and E-4 enlisted for 6 years and im doing 6 years to start but 20 over all

how long was her school? There is a structure that is followed. You have to be a certain rank for a certain period of time. You cant just get promoted unless its a contractual thing. I'm fairly positive her school is alot longer than yours will be as well.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071119072615AAaJ5q2

yahoo answers is not the best for that kind of thing but Im hoping it helps you. A recruiter will feed you shit as long as he gets his quota. Finding an honest one is like finding a stripper with a high self esteem.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Guest Scylloga

Here is some food for thought. I know things have changed since I was a young recruit in the military but with this economy I would bet it will apply.

When going to purchase whatever vehicle you want make sure you do it local to the base your stationed at. Most dealers will say yeah we can get you into this or that and get your hopes up. Then once it comes down to financing the vehicle you find out otherwise. Lenders don't like making loans to military for vehicles. Because at any giving moment you could be called up for war. And then if you decide to not pay for the vehicle you have because your half way around the world and cant drive it, they will have a hell of a time repoing it. Another thing is even tho your joining the military the fact you will prolly only be 18 will make getting a brand new truck hard as hell. Even with a co-signer you have two big strikes against you being military and only 18.

A dealership close to a military base will have lendors that will be willing to loan. But most of the time the loan agreement says something along you promise not to store the vehicle in a locked or unaccessable area if deployed.

My best advice is look at a good quality used vehicle that you can almost buy outright. Wait atleast two years and then trade in. It will make getting a loan and what not so much easier.

As for the type of truck, it appears your mind is made up and just want us to confirm it. If you want a Avalanche then do it. Personally I would do a crewcab dakota, because its a smaller truck with the same capabilities as the fullsize.

Guest Scylloga

how long was her school? There is a structure that is followed. You have to be a certain rank for a certain period of time. You cant just get promoted unless its a contractual thing. I'm fairly positive her school is alot longer than yours will be as well.

This is truth. Depending on what type of mechanic your going to be more than likely medical training is much longer than a wrench turner.

A recruiter will feed you shit as long as he gets his quota. Finding an honest one is like finding a stripper with a high self esteem.

My older brother is 22 yrs retired from the Army spent 4 years as a recruiter and N8ball speaks truth. He told me of many times it didnt matter as long as he got his quota.