Why is there no sound on my friends comp?

His hard drive went bad so we replaced it and installed XP on it, now there is no sound from the back nor when we plugged in headphones to the front. Sound is on board. I have updated windows to service pack 3, I cant find the proper audio drivers which Im sure is the problem. I did try a few audio drivers for Compaq but they wouldnt load. The computer says on front its a Compaq Presario SR1303WM, Any suggestions?

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

mine too the "speaker" thing at the right lower corner was crossed out or something...mine is under warranty and i took into best buy and they fixed the problem...the downloaded something on to it not sure what tho i didnt get a receipt to anything it only took a few minutes.

The speaker picture on the bottom right doesnt even appear on his and it says there is no audio device when I went into his control panel. Ill give him those links tho and see if they help. Thanks

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Ok well he said the speaker icon is now there tho its probably the realtek one and not the one that is normally there. He also still doesnt have sound

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Yea I had him restart the comp and everything was hooked up right and turned up and on, he just unplugged it and plugged it bak in and it works now after the install so, thanks

Edited by Velvetdreams21

Jensen UV10 DVD HU