us amps md3d

us amps md42

1 optima yellow top (rear)

1 xs power 5100r (front)

big 3 and 1 run 1/0 stinger wire

my build

my rebuild

smd2.gifduck.jpg

Your amp is coming on and powering up before your HU puts out any output through your RCAs. Amp is already on and then your HU puts out signal and POP!

Either replace the HU or get or make a delay device that makes your HU come on and gives your amps a few seconds of delay. Then the pop will stop.

I had this problem as well. Also- Different types of amps come on and go off at different times. Really annoying. I use 2 really really old MTX LSB-1 bass processors with turn on/off delay to fix it.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Your amp is coming on and powering up before your HU puts out any output through your RCAs. Amp is already on and then your HU puts out signal and POP!

Either replace the HU or get or make a delay device that makes your HU come on and gives your amps a few seconds of delay. Then the pop will stop.

I had this problem as well. Also- Different types of amps come on and go off at different times. Really annoying. I use 2 really really old MTX LSB-1 bass processors with turn on/off delay to fix it.

thanks for breaking it down ill go ahead and get the stinger pop stopper or do u have a link to a better 1

current set-up

kenwood ddx 712

clarion eq

focal 165 k2p front

focal 165v2 rear

2 re audio sexxx 12

us amps md3d

us amps md42

1 xs power 5100r (front)

my build

my rebuild

smd2.gifduck.jpg

i got all my remotes on an on off switch running off a relay even if i cut it on after the hu is loaded and playing it still pops

current set-up

kenwood ddx 712

clarion eq

focal 165 k2p front

focal 165v2 rear

2 re audio sexxx 12

us amps md3d

us amps md42

1 xs power 5100r (front)

my build

my rebuild

smd2.gifduck.jpg

Guest Scylloga

What causing the pop when I shut it off?

And could you link me to somewhere that shows how to rectify this?

How many poles on your switch? If it's a switch that needs to be grounded and you didn't that'll make it go pop. Biggest case in point is illuminating switches, if you don't attach the ground for the light (because you don't want it to light up) you will get pops.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!