Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4 MB Quart PWE 354 subs sealed


Recommended Posts

Posted

Will an Audiopipe 3000 watt RMS @ 2 ohms amplifier be enough to power 4 MB Quart PWE 354 15 subs in a sealed box @ 2.0^3ft per sub chambered. Mb Quart recommends 1.5 sealed per sub so I'm figuring I will be in the ball park somewhere with this box design 15" Quad Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure; 2 in front, 2 on top. I will have the necessary electrical to back the amp up like a 2nd battery in back like 1500 or better Kinetik or similar and the Big 3 to keep my amp powering demands. They seem to be nice subs and have good reviews. By the way all of this is going to be in a 2005 Expedition. I'm trying to shoot for a lot of sound quality with some sound pressure because of the multiple subs. Give me some feedback and criticism with this ideal setup. I will check back with your replies. Thanx. Here is the sub specs.

* 15" subwoofer with Dual 4-ohm voice coils

* Titanium coated polypropylene dustcap

* inverted Santoprene rubber surround

* cast-alloy basket

* RMS power handling: 800 RMS watts

* Max power handling: 1600 MAX watts

* frequency range: 18-300 Hz

* sensitivity: 90 dB

* mounting depth: 7-5/16"

Posted

is that going in that stang? cuz youre not getting 6 cubes internal into a stang....

No :). Got rid of the stang so I can get back to my roots of car audio. Modified cars are a thing of the past right now. This projected audio setup is gong in a 2005 Expedtion.

Posted

I assuming the amp will give the subs 700 to 750 rms each set with a DMM. I have to get ready for work so just post your suggestions and comments or recommendations and I will check back later.

Posted

He said it was going in a Expedition. It should be fine, and sound nice a clean.

Alpine INA-W900

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix

Rockford Fosgate power T1500-1

Sundown SA-10 x2

Focal 6x8's front

Rockford Fosgate Power T1682 rear

Rockford Fosgate and Stinger Wiring

Powermaster D3400, S680

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Update with my 4 sealed 15" MB Quart PWE dual 4ohm subs powered off a Audiopipe 3000D mono amp wired to a final load of 2ohms. The subs sound strong especially around the 40hz thru 60hz. Bass is clean and distortion non existence. I was really impressed with the design, build quality, and simplicity of the Quarts. I am very pleased with the Audiopipe 3000D mono amp. Pushing the subs like no tomorrow. Anyone interested in getting this amp, get it because it is versatile by having 3000w at 2ohms bridged or 1500w at 1ohm times 2(Remember this is two Audiopipe 1500w amps strapped together internally to make the 3000D). I have two Odyssey 1500 batts. in the trunk to feed this amp. One Odyssey was fine but a company called Remy Battery was giving them away for $160 a piece(Sorry they only had three at this price).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 424 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...