Sonic Electronix

and it looks fuckin SWEEEEEEEEET!

What kind of sub is it?

Edit: Oops, Asking the wrong person. :D

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

no its not just switching the + & - thats switching polaritys which is a no no. Inverting a sub refers to actually mounting sub upside down in the box with the basket out side of the box. Read up more on Free Air Boxes before you try this. As with all installs it depends on the users preference. And what they're using for a Sub, Amp, & Wireing

Sorry but you're wrong. Doesn't matter if the sub is mounted regular or inverted, it still uses the box.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Sorry but you're wrong. Doesn't matter if the sub is mounted regular or inverted, it still uses the box.

Nope can't find where I said that it doesn't use a box..... and yet still its a type of free air system Box TypesYes It does still use the air inside the box but the majority of the air it uses is "Free Air"

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Nope can't find where I said that it doesn't use a box..... and yet still its a type of free air system Box TypesYes It does still use the air inside the box but the majority of the air it uses is "Free Air"

No man you're wrong, inverting subs in a regular ported box has nothing to do with free air.

A free-air system consists of woofers mounted to a board attached to the rear deck or placed in the trunk against the rear seat. The trunk of the car acts as an enclosure which houses the subwoofer and isolates sound from the back of the speaker, solving the sound cancellation problem of subs without an enclosure.

Free-air systems save space and have flat frequency response. The woofer must be specifically designed for free-air use. The lack of a box makes them more convenient to install, but their power handling levels are usually much lower than their boxed counterparts

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

fail

you're thinking infinite baffle which is completely different. and you have to use a speaker made for an ib setup

That's Infinite Baffle.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

look at my picture mines inverted in a 3.5 cube tuned to 36 hertz a while back we had a dicussion about weather you need to reverse polarity I was led to believe that you needed to so mines reversed but some of the people on here said you didn't need to either way it will play just fine reversed or in the box I just did mine for looks

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived