getting my settings adjusted on my amp

so i went to ultimate electronics and asked the audio guy to adjust my settings properly. as soon as the guy sees my amp settings he tells me never go to that installer again. he says the frequency is way too high and thats probably not picking up lows very good (which is true, i didnt pick up lows good but i thought it was the box that determined that. i guess the amp can help you pick up lows depending on what you set it at?) and now im picking lows up louder and cleaner. he also said my gain was too high and adjusted that. (the last time i went there the guy told me to switch my phase from 180 to 0 from a picture i showed him of my settings, and the guy this time said all my switches looked good.)

i told him about my fuses blowing and he told me to pop my hood and he took a look and said that since i have two 30a fuses on my amp, then i should have a 60a under my hood so they are both equal. (what i had before i switched it was an 80a.) so i did that and after all of that my bass sounds cleaner and i feel better about my system now.

if this guy knows what he is talking about then it kinda pisses me off knowing the one who installed all of my stuff didnt know what he was doing even though he advertised it. i guess i just wont use him anymore.

anyways i just felt like posting this. nobody probably cares but this is what happened with my system today

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

everything he said was true.... keep going to that guy instead of the other one.....

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

Yeah the LPF was probably set too high so it was filtering out low notes...is this a prefab box?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Yeah the LPF was probably set too high so it was filtering out low notes...is this a prefab box?

the installer made the box and i bought the box and subs from him and had him put everything in. (the bad one)

ive been told multiple times that my box is a pos too. i had no idea what a good box was at the time and even now i probably wouldnt know a good box when i saw one. i just believed what he told me, and what he told me was that the box was made specifically for the subs specs that he put in it.

and when checking the fuse under my hood, he noticed my battery wasnt held down. he told me it could get knocked loose in a car wreck and end up starting a fire.

so i went to autozone and picked something up to keep my battery in place. :)

Edited by deeemc

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

That is true that your battery should be secured, cars come stock with it lol...when I bought my Caprice the previous owner was using pieces of cardboard to keep the battery in place, I ignored it...after my car wouldn't start without a jump if left for sitting for 24+hours I had it checked and was told/realized the battery in there was meant for a Honda (4cyl) not a V8 lol

How low of a note can you hit cleanly? Is there a big boost in high notes?

I used to have a prefab and now that I have a diff set up with a box that does good all around I notice in songs with a high bass note that I used to play with the prefab got hella loud compared to the new box but I can now hit low notes like the one in Put On, which I believe is 28hz

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical