Sundown Audio

Completely lost

OH. Oh right. Ok, ok, you weren't very clear in the first place, it sounded like you wanted to connect the amps speaker outputs together. Which you just can't do.

If you REALLY wanted to... you connect the headunit to the input on the 420 then you run a set of RCAs from the 'Output' RCAS to the other amp.

Then I would bridge a pair of channels on the 4 channel to each of the 10's and run 1 channel from the 2 channel amp to each of the coils on the 12.

Don't really need to worry about matching the settings or anything, it's going to sound pretty piss-poor anyway so it won't make much difference.

That's if you're absolutely fixed on it. But really I would probably sell all 3 subs, buy 2 efficient DVC 4 ohm subs, wire them to 4 ohms, bridge the 2 channel to them, then run the 4 channel to your mids/highs.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Thank you Boon. I apologize for not being more clear at the beginning. I figured everybody knew what "daisy chaining" meant as far as amps are concerned. Thank you as well for the more detailed description on how to do it. Though wouldn't running both coils to the big amp, blow the wimpy 12? Keep in mind that I am also considering getting rid of the 12 and the Vibe 420.

Thank you Boon. I apologize for not being more clear at the beginning. I figured everybody knew what "daisy chaining" meant as far as amps are concerned. Thank you as well for the more detailed description on how to do it. Though wouldn't running both coils to the big amp, blow the wimpy 12? Keep in mind that I am also considering getting rid of the 12 and the Vibe 420.

we do know what daisy chaining means. you just used it in the wrong sense. daily chaining means strapping amplifiers together to get double the output. you use this single rca connector on the right side vmwuhz.jpg you connect 2 amplifiers using a single rca cable connected between the 2 and you do some funky stuff with speaker wire to hook the 2 together then tada.

Kranny, I understand what you are saying , but, why would Lanzar say that my amp is able to be daisy chained if it does not have that particular kind of output? I have 2 inputs and 2 outputs.

When 'daisy chaining' or 'strapping' monoblocks you also connect the speaker outputs together which combines the outputs of the amp into a single load. I.e. you can power a single voice coil with 2 amps. It sounded like you wanted to do something like this with yours :)

You could also get rid of the 12 and wire the 10" subs to 8 ohms and bridge the channels on the 2-channel amp, although you may find you get more power by bridging a pair of channels on the 4-channel amp to each sub. Unfortunately your equipment is a little mis-matched.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

When 'daisy chaining' or 'strapping' monoblocks you also connect the speaker outputs together which combines the outputs of the amp into a single load. I.e. you can power a single voice coil with 2 amps. It sounded like you wanted to do something like this with yours :)

You could also get rid of the 12 and wire the 10" subs to 8 ohms and bridge the channels on the 2-channel amp, although you may find you get more power by bridging a pair of channels on the 4-channel amp to each sub. Unfortunately your equipment is a little mis-matched.

Could I wire my 10"s for a 2 Ohm load in series to the 2 channel since it is 2 Ohm stable?

Could I wire my 10"s for a 2 Ohm load in series to the 2 channel since it is 2 Ohm stable?

It's 2 ohms per channel... when you bridge the amp the channels see half the load each.

People hate on Lanzar because they USED to be great, then they got into financial difficulty and a chinese bargain-basement factory bought the brand and is selling cheap nasty amps trading on Lanzar's once good name.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!