getting ready to finerglass what do i need?

Soo im getting ready to do my box any day now and i want to glass the inside for support!

also im gunna be doing my a pilars and door panell in a few weeks!

what supplies do i need to this! if anybody could give me the name brand they use and description of the stuff they LIKE!! i dont want any cheap garbage stuff gunna do it right the first time!

also im going to home depot in a feww!!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Soo im getting ready to do my box any day now and i want to glass the inside for support!

also im gunna be doing my a pilars and door panell in a few weeks!

what supplies do i need to this! if anybody could give me the name brand they use and description of the stuff they LIKE!! i dont want any cheap garbage stuff gunna do it right the first time!

also im going to home depot in a feww!!

imo the brand of fiber glass does not make the greatest of difference. I prefer rage gold for the bondo. Get a lot of chop matt. Get a roller its way easier than a chip brush.

steven.jpg

imo the brand of fiber glass does not make the greatest of difference. I prefer rage gold for the bondo. Get a lot of chop matt. Get a roller its way easier than a chip brush.

is that all i need???

when i glass:1 plastic jar that has measurements on the side of it.i only mix 16 oz at a time.just me

2 i use disposable paint brushes no bigger than 2'wide

3 chop mat

4 sand area to be fiber glassed well(tooth 4 glass)

5 acetone to clean up hands after words

6 i dont use plastic gloves

7 i use bondo brand from walmart

8 only recommendation is dab jab poke brush,

dont try to paint resin it will just pull mat everywhere.make sure you saturate mat with resin

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

I would recommend gloves, but make sure you get some industrial ones the little cheap one dont work well. Get extra brushes if you go that route cuz they can harden up pretty quickly.

steven.jpg

when i glass:1 plastic jar that has measurements on the side of it.i only mix 16 oz at a time.just me

2 i use disposable paint brushes no bigger than 2'wide

3 chop mat

4 sand area to be fiber glassed well(tooth 4 glass)

5 acetone to clean up hands after words

6 i dont use plastic gloves

7 i use bondo brand from walmart

8 only recommendation is dab jab poke brush,

dont try to paint resin it will just pull mat everywhere.make sure you saturate mat with resin

thanks soooo much!! i dont neeed hardener or anything like that???

hardener usually comes with the resin

1 paint brush per 16 0z mix

gloves just mess me up. everyone has their tricks

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

I dont mean to be a downer man, but if your gonna do your doors and A pillars and your asking what you need,Id take the next couple weeks to do a whole lot of research and tests on how your gonna do it. glassing isnt really the kind of thing where you can just start and see where it take you...if you do it like that, expect to be throwing out alot of material. plan then build is the easiest way to go. glassing the inside of a box is definitely a good place to start. home depot isnt the best place to get glassing stuff either, but for inside a box and your first project, it isnt bad. check out uscomposites.com I order from them all the time, B440 resin and 1.5 oz. chopmat. and Id just get a shitload of chip brushes and gloves. believe me they will go FAST

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco