Second Skin Audio

sealed box frequency

right now I have a 12" sub (cheapy) in a 1.5' after displacement sealed box. I was thinking about making a box that goes with the manufacturers max sealed of 2 cubes A/D. will this change the low frequency of the set-up?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

generally, a bigger box will help u hit lower frequencys with more authority.

Tru dat... Throw in some polyfill while you are at it. (if you like the lows)

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

but how would I know B4 building, how big I can make it B4 I start losing db's? I mean, is there certain t/s #'s I should look into?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

throw some polyfill in the box you have now and see if you notice a difference

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

what is it, like a pound per sq. ft?

and if ur trying for db's why dont u go with ported? normally sealed is not recommended for competition.

simplicity of design.

on the tightest budget..the type of shit where I shouldn't be thinking about a box right now, so NO room for error. sealed is cool for now. Just looking to make the loudest sealed I can. box is in a 94 Grand Marquis,i.e. HUGE TRUNK. Believe it or not, the box sounds better facing the cabin, than it does facing the rear of the car.