long story short my 96 dodge intrepid broke down on me on Oct..and its been sitting there since..so my plates are due this month..this

is the last month i have to fix my car..

so my question is what is there to do other than welding and changing the HalfShaft..?..is it a madness of work?..im planing to do this myself..i heard from few people that its necesary to lift the engine/transmission to change this..is it true?...i mean this looks preety much simple like a easy fix...

so any input and help would be great guys!

thanks..and here are some pics of the broken part.and crack chassis..

031100_135300.jpg

031100_135200.jpg

Edited by DUBIE

This is not a complicated fix and like myself on this forum has replaced their axles. normally on a front wheel drive you have to break loose and remove axle nut.( its the one in the center of the rotor) after that movig the wheel assembly left or right usually will let the axle come out of the wheel hub(with a little persuasion)then you can use a small prybar to pop axle out of tranmission.need anything else let me know,if i missed soething let me know someone.this can be done if you are mechanically inclined in about 2 hours or less

This is not a complicated fix and like myself on this forum has replaced their axles. normally on a front wheel drive you have to break loose and remove axle nut.( its the one in the center of the rotor) after that movig the wheel assembly left or right usually will let the axle come out of the wheel hub(with a little persuasion)then you can use a small prybar to pop axle out of tranmission.need anything else let me know,if i missed soething let me know someone.this can be done if you are mechanically inclined in about 2 hours or less

thanks in advance bro....this is what i wanted to hear...you got pm