Sonic Electronix

1- 260 A alt for 2 Bxi2610's

I guess it depends on other electrical upgrades. Big 3, power wire size and how many runs you have. Most cars won't stay at 14 volts on a single alt, 2 amps, and 1 battery, at least that's what I've seen. That's a lot of current draw. I say if you did get that 260xp, get rid of the yellowtop, invest in some bigger and better batteries (1 up front and at least 1 in the rear) and you might be able to stay at 14, but I doubt it. But seriously, do you really need to stay at 14 volts constantly?

I guess it depends on other electrical upgrades. Big 3, power wire size and how many runs you have. Most cars won't stay at 14 volts on a single alt, 2 amps, and 1 battery, at least that's what I've seen. That's a lot of current draw. I say if you did get that 260xp, get rid of the yellowtop, invest in some bigger and better batteries (1 up front and at least 1 in the rear) and you might be able to stay at 14, but I doubt it. But seriously, do you really need to stay at 14 volts constantly?

no i just thought that would be easier on the amps if i was at a constant 14v, so since its just a daily driver i should be fine with the yellow top and a 260A alt? im just trying to figure out what i have to do so i dont f up my system thats all.

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

Archived