Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeachJoshua

'03 Trailblazer Wiring Harness [Head Unit] [Solved]

8 posts in this topic

There's the big one that goes into the adapter then the head unit, but there is a small one, and we plugged the normal one into the head unit, no dice, but there is a small one that we don't know if it needs wired in some how.

the red wire in that car does not turn off and on with the vehicles ignition due to it having a data turn on for the factory radio you have to get a switched power source for the red wire of the radio i usually wire it to the THICK BROWN wire of the ignition harness behind the knee bolster with a 10 amp fuse on it for saftey

its for onstar and steering wheel controles u dont NEED it

No such thing in this one...

the red wire in that car does not turn off and on with the vehicles ignition due to it having a data turn on for the factory radio you have to get a switched power source for the red wire of the radio i usually wire it to the THICK BROWN wire of the ignition harness behind the knee bolster with a 10 amp fuse on it for saftey

i think he is askin about the small square plug on the factory side. but yes u are correct

you can pull a switched power line out of your fusebox as well, if you want to. just get in there with a DMM and start turning the key on and off, see what works

you can pull a switched power line out of your fusebox as well, if you want to. just get in there with a DMM and start turning the key on and off, see what works

We already solved it, mom's Trailblazer against her will now has two tens... :D