trying to get an 8 ohm load

i am wanting to build a set of 4 book shelf style speakers with this mid

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=280-240&scqty=4

and this low

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-306

setting aside box tunning and such both subs have the same rms ik that there is a way to wire them together and get a 100 watt rms but i need to keep it at an 8ohm load so it doesnt pop fuses on the reciever. ive looked into prebuilt cross overs but have no idea what to look for can anyone help me figure out a way to wire these to get an 8 ohm load and keep the mids on the mid and lows on the low or even a link to show how to build a cross over, ive looked on google but i am not understanding much.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

So you're doing 4 mids and 1 sub? I believe it's impossible to get an 8-ohm load with 5 speakers, unless they have wacky impedances. Or is it 4 of both? 8 speakers, each with 8 ohms single coil, and in pairs? Lemme do some maths.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

4 seperate boxes each with one mid and one sub both are single coils at 8 ohms

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Is it a 2-channel receiver? Left and right channels? If so, you can get 2 channels at 8 ohms each, but if it's a 1-channel or 4-channel it can't be done.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

the reciever in ? has not been purchased yet but will be a 5.1 and i wont be using the center. so thats 4 outputs going 4 4 boxes

the reciever in ? has not been purchased yet but will be a 5.1 and i wont be using the center. so thats 4 outputs going 4 4 boxes

fuck the edit isnt working what i was trying to add is why would i be able to get a 8ohm loud with 2 8ohm speakers in a single box with a 2 channel but not a 4 same thing applies

Oh, gotcha. So 2 speakers per channel. Sadly, 2 8-ohm speakers can only be wired to either 16 ohms or 4 ohms. If you wire in a pair of 8-ohm tweeters in each box, you can drop it to 8 ohms. Or a single 16 or 4 ohm tweeter. But with just 2 speakers per cabinet at 8 ohms each, 8 ohms per channel is impossible.

wtf is lolcats?

i was told that with a cross over u can still keep am 8ohm loud if thats what the cross over was ment for. thats the other thing that i was thinking is that it could only be a 16 or 4 but with 16 that will be 2 much resistance and 4 will be to little. and i dont really wana add another set of tweaters or anything. there has to be a way to do it though.not with just the speakers but with something added

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived