Sonic Electronix

i have a DHC1400.2 the old style mmats amp and i just bought (2) new RE AUDIO SEX 15inch subs that are dual 2 ohm i was told to run them like this and shows in the re audio book i got to run them in series - to + and a - out and a + out but in the diagram it shows 1 positive out and 1 negative out for both speakers and my amp is a 2 channel i think it has hook ups for + - + - PLEASE HELP THANKS

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Bridge your amp but you want D1 or D4 ohm coils. Either that or get a mono block amp.

i was told not to bridge that amp due to if one speaker messes up both of them will go out the way i have them hooked up now is but 1 speaker to one side of the amp and the other speaker to the other side

1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

and i think it is a mono block amp but how mmats designs them or something i donno i had 2 15inch subs b4 and they were dual 4 ohm and the amp was clipping out and was told those are the wrong speakers for that amp like i said im lost

i was told not to bridge that amp due to if one speaker messes up both of them will go out the way i have them hooked up now is but 1 speaker to one side of the amp and the other speaker to the other side

1_2ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

You don't want to bridge the amp with those speakers because the ohm load with either be too high (not getting enough power) or too low (damaging the amp). As far as damaging something, there is no different danger with that amp than any other amp that is bridgeable. Anything that can happen to that amp (or speakers) while bridged can happen to any other amp/speakers. Running the amp stereo has the same ohm problems as bridged, you are either underpowering your subs or overworking your amp. Run one sub or get a new amp.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

and i think it is a mono block amp but how mmats designs them or something i donno i had 2 15inch subs b4 and they were dual 4 ohm and the amp was clipping out and was told those are the wrong speakers for that amp like i said im lost

oh. I assumed the .2 meant 2 channel sorry. I makes no difference what speaker connections you use then. They are the same (well both + are the same and both - are the same). Wire your coils in a series and then hook each sub to one of the terminals (as if it were a 2 channel.)

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You don't want to bridge the amp with those speakers because the ohm load with either be too high (not getting enough power) or too low (damaging the amp). As far as damaging something, there is no different danger with that amp than any other amp that is bridgeable. Anything that can happen to that amp (or speakers) while bridged can happen to any other amp/speakers. Running the amp stereo has the same ohm problems as bridged, you are either underpowering your subs or overworking your amp. Run one sub or get a new amp.

so what will happen if i got them hooked up now how i said? i really dont wanna get another amp that amp i got is hard to find and running 1 sub is not possible for my trunk set-up how it is now

so what will happen if i got them hooked up now how i said? i really dont wanna get another amp that amp i got is hard to find and running 1 sub is not possible for my trunk set-up how it is now

Ignore that post, I thought it was a 2 channel amp. Read the next post I wrote.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

oh. I assumed the .2 meant 2 channel sorry. I makes no difference what speaker connections you use then. They are the same (well both + are the same and both - are the same). Wire your coils in a series and then hook each sub to one of the terminals (as if it were a 2 channel.)

so im good then?? PLEASE TELL ME YES CUZ A FEW SHOPS TOLD ME ITS OK TO RUN IT THIS WAY I JUST WANNA MAKE SURE I BLEW ALOT OF MONEY ALREADY AND TO FAIL NOW WOULD SUCK THANKS FOR ALL UR HELP REALLY APPRECIATE IT