Sonic Electronix

In the more recent GM vehicles... the HU is responsible for creating the door chimes and turn signal sounds.... plays them through the speakers...

so with a new HU you need a "harness" that will play your door chimes and turn signal sounds for you instead of the HU. this "harness" is actually a small box that sits behind your aftermarket HU and also functions as an adapter for the factory harness. the box is what actually makes the chimes and sounds, instead of your speakers.

it makes them a little quieter and they sound different, but you never hear them anyway because with your new system you're gonna have it turned all the way up all the time anyway :D:D

Don't forget the dash kit.

Also, the chime module does not add backup sensor chimes, found this out the hard way.

Chances are the Axxes GMOS-01 will be what you're looking for. got mine for $93.03 shipped.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12900_Axxess+GMOS-01.html

All in all, it'd be easy to do all that for $1000. Esp, if you do the wiring yourself. It's easy.

The GMOS-01 comes with confusing instructions but just take it one step at a time and you got it.

Almost forgot, You'll have to find a compatible HU and another module if you want to keep your steering wheel controls, and it's a little harder to do. These are HU/model specific so do your research.

Personally, I'd do the 2 HO 8's idea if you're planning on keeping your rear seat. Put the amp under a seat or something. A box for 2 8s would fit under a seat easy and you could build one to your exact liking easy so that's my suggestion.

Hope this helped.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4