Second Skin Audio

AQ Subs

Alright, so I've decided to go with audioque. I don't have enough room for 4 18's( need 22 cubic feet net, only have 20) but I dunno whether to just do 2 18's or 4 15's. I want it to be loud and low, so I'm willing to use all my available space. Just want some opinions on the topic. Thanks

Corporal, USMC

(4) 15s = more cone = "more louder". Then again it also depends on how well the box is designed/built, what kind of power they are getting, and how stiff your electrical is. You won't be disappointed with the AQ's either.

(4) 15s = more cone = "more louder". Then again it also depends on how well the box is designed/built, what kind of power they are getting, and how stiff your electrical is. You won't be disappointed with the AQ's either.

Thanks. I'm powering them with 2 ap3000's. And I'm not building the box, I have absolutely no experience in the matter. And idea how much space I'll need to make 4 15's happy?

Corporal, USMC

damn this was my dilemma for a few days,but I ended up ordering 2 aq 18's for my tahoe

i'll be powering them with 2 aq 2200 strapped.18's will be here tomorrow

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

damn this was my dilemma for a few days,but I ended up ordering 2 aq 18's for my tahoe

i'll be powering them with 2 aq 2200 strapped.18's will be here tomorrow

Well, keep me posted on your progress. I really want 18's, but I just don't have the room:(

Corporal, USMC

18cubes net tuned to 35Hz will do quite well on the lows. I run 4 15's in a wall that's around 17-18cubes, but off a lot more power then you plan to run...

You could do 4 18's in 20cubes net, but it wouldn't be ideal. Tune low and throw 4 ap3000's at them and it should hit hard.

18cubes net tuned to 35Hz will do quite well on the lows. I run 4 15's in a wall that's around 17-18cubes, but off a lot more power then you plan to run...

You could do 4 18's in 20cubes net, but it wouldn't be ideal. Tune low and throw 4 ap3000's at them and it should hit hard.

Are you referring to the aluminum coils? I didn't think the coppers could run on 3krms. Should I break them in with 2 amps, and add the other 2 later? AQ's website says to be careful with power when breaking them in.

Corporal, USMC