Traks Posted March 22, 2010 Report Posted March 22, 2010 I am running one 15" with copper dual 1 ohm voicecoils.Running this with an Audioque 1200D @ 2ohms. Will be upgrading to two of these and a 2200D when money allows. I have it in a 4.5 cu. box right now tuned around 40hz with a large port and am not thrilled the sound of it. I have a 2006 Ford F150 Xcab so I have plenty of room to work with,dont ever use the back seats anyways and will be a mini wall when I upgrade. I have around 48" wide and 30" tall and 24" deep to work with. Any help will be great thanks guys/gals. 2011 Meca World Champ S3 Team Truth Hertz Team DC
mlstrass Posted March 22, 2010 Report Posted March 22, 2010 wire down to .5ohm and you'll be a LOT happier. That amp at 2ohm is NO power for that sub. Enclosure sounds solid for that sub. where in IL you located? I'm up by six flags...
Traks Posted March 22, 2010 Author Report Posted March 22, 2010 I had it at .5 for abit but i need to upgrade my electrical in a bad way,was dropping down to 11 volts. Im about 3 hours south from you,little town of Mattoon on 57.Think part of the problem may be the port its huge. 8' wide by around 22' tall. 2011 Meca World Champ S3 Team Truth Hertz Team DC
mlstrass Posted March 22, 2010 Report Posted March 22, 2010 also get a 3500 when you get another sub....
kmalinich Posted March 22, 2010 Report Posted March 22, 2010 umm.. the AQ1200D isn't .5 ohm stable... not with stock electrical anyways....
Traks Posted March 22, 2010 Author Report Posted March 22, 2010 thats why its at 2 ohms 2011 Meca World Champ S3 Team Truth Hertz Team DC
mlstrass Posted March 22, 2010 Report Posted March 22, 2010 umm.. the AQ1200D isn't .5 ohm stable... not with stock electrical anyways.... I was "assuming" he had solid electrical or knew to beef it up...
mlstrass Posted March 22, 2010 Report Posted March 22, 2010 thats why its at 2 ohms and that's why you're not happy with it
Traks Posted March 22, 2010 Author Report Posted March 22, 2010 Big 3 is done and have 0 gauge to dist. block then 4 gauge off of that feeding the 1200d and an Infinity 4 channel for the highs. Waiting on some extra cash to get freed up to get another battery but for now its running of the stock Ford battery. But I have extra KC's on the truck and a few other things sucking juice aswell.Happy with how loud it is (for now) just not thrilled with the sound. Thats why I was thinking maybe a smaller port and maybe a diff. tune,not sure. 2011 Meca World Champ S3 Team Truth Hertz Team DC
mlstrass Posted March 22, 2010 Report Posted March 22, 2010 what kind of music you playing? you have a decent EQ on your HU? I've done AQ's from 35-43Hz and they all sound very good on all types of music. you close to gurnee as I'd like to hear it?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.