DC Dodge D150 Blowthrough, 2 Level 4 15s w/lvl 5 coils; 3/13, 147.6 @ 34 hz on 600 watts.

that construction bumper in back has got to go id put a roll pan on it and get it lowered and a shop can probly do the exhaust for around 300

That bumper is going to go away as soon as I get some bass. I decided on a roll pan yesterday morning. The exhaust system that I chose was 200 Dual exhaust and 100 flowmaster muffler, but I will check to see the prices for local shops. My dad will only let me lower it about an inch, but that will help a little.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

just keep the pictures commin when you do something for the system or for the looks of the truck

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

The pics will keep coming, you can count on that.

I am going to sell my old Guitar Hero 3 and the controller that comes with it as well as the Les Paul for $30, if any of you want to buy it just PM me. This money will go towards a Subwoofer Box, that is all I need for some bass, possibly the first Subwoofer installation in a 1989 Dodge Ram, and if not I bet it will sound better!

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

Hey guys, nothing new yet, I am still in need of a box and a wiring kit before I can get this thing put in. I am thinking about getting an Infinity amp from a friend for $75, its a 500 watt he thinks, he doesn't know how to check but it looks just like the advertised 500 watt that they currently sell. So my subs are 400 RMS and 800 Max power, a 500 watt would be fine. But I don't want you guys to get tuned down because I am making the worlds slowest build, so I will try something else. I am about to go to my dads house and I will make a couple vids and take some pictures of his setup in his car. It is pretty nice, a 1990 Ford Taurus SHO. It has the 2 12" RF subs that I was going to get. He has those hooked up to a 400 Watt Coustic amp, and has 6 JL Audio door speakers hooked up to a matching 320 Watt speaker Amp. It sounds so good! I just wish it didn't rattle. It is a sealed box, so it sounds pretty silent unless you turn it up a lot, which we do anyways. What is the point of having heavy bass if you don't listen to loud music? If people don't want to spend a lot of money to get a great system, I would strongly recommend the 12" RF Punch series subs or the Kicker Comp 12"s. 2 of my friends have a Kicker Comp hooked up in their single cabs, and man it is loud! It does some decent numbers, too, for a single subwoofer. One has a 10" Kicker with an Infinity Amp, and man its good stuff!

Here are the pics and vids of my dads system that I promised. Not as much as most people on here, but these sound great.

1990 Ford Taurus SHO black interior, hurst shifter, speed chip, i forgot what all he did to it, but yeah, its pretty nice. New paint job, Red with silver stripes.

P4170300.jpg

P4170299.jpg

P4170298.jpg

P4170303.jpg

more later!

I would deff go with a blowthrough on the truck, You will retain the room in the cab to mount amps and other stuff, mud boots, books...ect. You have all that room in the bed of the truck to use, so use it. Your dad has a cobra emblem on a Taraus so he has a sinse of humor and might let you do the blow through. See if you can find or make a bed cover and get to work.

As far as your interior,

Seatbelts. If you dont want to take them apart do it like this. Go to wal-mart and get 2 boxes of black RIT dye, there like $1.25 a box I think, take your seatbalts out of the truck and clean them up real good/scrub 20yrs of dirt out of them, let 'em dry. Get a 5 gallon bucket and mix 1 box of the dye real good, and drop the belts in there, not the motors. If you take the belts off the motors it makes it easier, but you DONT HAVE TO...!! after about an hour pull them out and let them hang to dry. When they are dry wash them to get the extra dye off or it "WILL" stain your clothes. Hell go ahead and wash them twice until there is no more "GREY WATER" coming off of them.

On your dash where the "Message Center is" you can move your head unit there to make things easier to access. I modified a schoshe kit to make my friends work, and glassed if smooth to the rest of the dash.

Get to work and post some pics

PS... POST SOME PICS

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

I would deff go with a blowthrough on the truck, You will retain the room in the cab to mount amps and other stuff, mud boots, books...ect. You have all that room in the bed of the truck to use, so use it. Your dad has a cobra emblem on a Taraus so he has a sinse of humor and might let you do the blow through. See if you can find or make a bed cover and get to work.

As far as your interior,

Seatbelts. If you dont want to take them apart do it like this. Go to wal-mart and get 2 boxes of black RIT dye, there like $1.25 a box I think, take your seatbalts out of the truck and clean them up real good/scrub 20yrs of dirt out of them, let 'em dry. Get a 5 gallon bucket and mix 1 box of the dye real good, and drop the belts in there, not the motors. If you take the belts off the motors it makes it easier, but you DONT HAVE TO...!! after about an hour pull them out and let them hang to dry. When they are dry wash them to get the extra dye off or it "WILL" stain your clothes. Hell go ahead and wash them twice until there is no more "GREY WATER" coming off of them.

On your dash where the "Message Center is" you can move your head unit there to make things easier to access. I modified a schoshe kit to make my friends work, and glassed if smooth to the rest of the dash.

Get to work and post some pics

PS... POST SOME PICS

Yeah I am definitely going to make a blow through for the 2 12"s I get when I get money. But for now I am not going to make a blow through because I will only have 1 12". We are going to put that with the console in the middle. What I thought about doing is the fact that I am getting a spray on bedliner, that I might make a box for the blow through and put it in the bed, and make it flush with the top of the bed, and then spray the bedliner on top of the box too, and there ya go! But I don't know if that would look good, so I am analyzing all of the possible solutions. I don't really want to cover up the bed, so idk. I might have to do that seat belt idea, but my dads friend wants to get rid of his old Camaro interior, and he is selling the seatbelts from it for like $25, a lot better than most of the others. I will look into putting the stereo up there, that would make a lot of things simpler while driving down the road. I was also thinking of buying a steering wheel with stereo buttons on the steering wheel, and wiring those up.

Moarrr pics of the SHO, and some videos from a camera that cannot pick up bass very well.

P4170302.jpg

P4170306.jpg

You cant hear the bass at all, all you can hear is the rattle pretty much, sorry.

th_P4170308.jpg

This one is better, because it knocked the camera over and moved it about 3 inches, I was laughing and trying not to make noise.

th_P4170311.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/23358-flying-white-sausage-v20/

This guy did a blowthrough using a tool box, to hide the subwoffer enclosure. You a tool box on the truck at 1st so if you still have it, try this out. If nothing else there is a lot of work that he did that you could learn from or get ideas from. I know there is 120 pages, but its worth it to get ideas from someone that has done it already.

Good luck and keep us posted

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Archived