Sonic Electronix

Hello, i am planning a build for my olds alero. I have 36x18x12 to work with. The 12 is how tall it would be, i plan on having either 2 10s or 3 10s depnding on if anyone can answer my question or if it matters. I could have the box as tall as 16.5 inches, any taller and it wont get into my trunk, but i wanted to mount the amp on top as well as install the box with out having to cut any of the trunk out, and if i can make this box work at 12 inches, then it can slide further into the trunk allowing for more trunk space, when im not listening to music, im driving the family around and i dont want my kids hearing loud music like i listen to it and my wife doesnt like bass much. I am either going to have two 10s facing towards font of car and the port also facing towards front of car or have three 10s facing front of car with the port going to back of car

the first setup would be built much like what i think is called a T-line box (something like that i think ive read on here) and the other setup would be built differently but hopefully to the same effect

im trying to find some nice 10" subs that are good power for a good price i can afford, im looking at either quantum or cadence right now from audio savings, but if anyone has better suggestions and i can get 2-3 of the subs for under 200 and have their rated rms at least 750, then let me know

to sum it up i basically need to know, is it better for 2 subs forward port or 3 subs rear port

is it alright to have more than the recommended cft of a sub

thanks for any help

Archived