fuel sender

I have this issue intermittently in my caddy, it will only fill up like 12 gals and I can't pump more then I turn on my car and its a mark short of full. My Caddy is supposed to hold 18gals but only holds 14-15 due to this too, a guy on the caddy forum said its the fuel pump sender.

Uh, I'm not sure.... BUT I think all that means is that your caddy shows E when there are 3-4 gallons left.

I don't know anything about gas tanks, so correct me if I'm wrong..I guess. But, there is nothing in the fuel tank that shuts off to make it so you don't put more gas in it when it's full.. it stops because the hose has a thing on it that it can tell when the fuel is at a certain level on the hose?

ok ill start over. the other night i had 1/4 of a tank. so i say hey why not be a cheap ass and fill it up. so i go to pump it and 3 seconds into it the trigger clicks and gas spurts out. it does this consistently from start to finish regardless of how much is in the tank and how hard or soft i pull the trigger. the reason i posted was to see if there was somethin i might be able to do without takin it to the shop given i dont have the time or place to store my subs atm cause im sure them bein in my car would void my warrenty. oh and i monitor my gas amount based on how many miles to E i have. i dont know if that changes anything or not.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

OK.... i'll answer again. i bet a $100.00 internet $'s

that your VENT has got clogged. whether by fuel getting in it or something else. when you put gas in the air in the tank has to go somewhere. its not and its pushing the fuel back out the fill and spraying out on you.

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

OK.... i'll answer again. i bet a $100.00 internet $'s

that your VENT has got clogged. whether by fuel getting in it or something else. when you put gas in the air in the tank has to go somewhere. its not and its pushing the fuel back out the fill and spraying out on you.

I didn't know there was a vent.. but this sounds to be true.

Just take it to the dealer.. you'll have to no matter what, right ? I mean if there is something wrong with the tank (or something in it) are you going to be able to fix it? without voiding warranty? no? so..