Sonic Electronix

i got a 1995 mits. 3000gt non turbo. im about to do the big 3 on it today. i bought all of my wiring for it..but i have a couple questions before i start. the guy at the audio place said that it doesnt look like my alt has a ground wire..that it could be grounded from the engine..maybe if someone could help me out with the big 3 for my 3000gt it would be appreciated! thanks.

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

ground the battery to a good sturdy engine bolt and also ground the battery to the strut tower (thats what i did at least).

edit: make sure the engine bolt doesnt drain your coolant or something else funny like that.

ground the battery to a good sturdy engine bolt and also ground the battery to the strut tower (thats what i did at least).

edit: make sure the engine bolt doesnt drain your coolant or something else funny like that.

lol i can just see that... "here, this looks solid, unscrew it." "Oh, shit. Dexcool is all over the floor. Get the dog out of here..."

but strut tower ground is usually best, it always runs to the frame. mine is strut tower as well.

and don't forget to wirebrush\grind away any dirt, debris, rust, etc....and solder your terminals!

Hey man, when you get the stuff hit me up and i can help you when i get out of class. Otherwise give David a call he knows how. Its easy stuff. First i would upgrade those two wires going to your amp, you can do that and it might be a noticeable difference. But big 3 highly recommended

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

most alts ground to the engine so in most cars you wont see any ground wires.

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

Well, you wont see a ground wire on the alternator. You see a ground wire on the engine block.

okay, yea i see the grounf off the block..i upgraded so far my neg batt term to chassis, and the power from alt to pos batt.

also another q..how come whenever my blinker is turned on the volts on the guage with flicker evertime the blinker goes on then off? did i mess something up or is my battery dying?

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

not sure but if your running that solo x and 4k on 2 batterys and stock alternator it will happen..

but after the big III look in to a nice little alt to help you out.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived