dampining help

tacomabanga1986

when i start to rebuild my system in my truck this summer im gunna make new door pod things and take the factory ones out, they're made for 6&3/4's and i got 6&1/2's and was going to make a replaca out of 1/4'' birch and mount my mids to it

and this is were the question comes in

i put some of that peal n seal roofing rubber aluminum tape on my door already n its solid as a rock and was wondering on this pod thing do i add some deadening to the back of the birch or on the face?

im gunna try out my polk db's i have in my geo in my truck to see if they sound better midbass wise and what knot

so what yall think, i got mine kinda rigged now with a piece of 1/8'' paneling cut to a ring for the kicker mids to mount to but it dont work to good

and im gunna take my rear speakers and put em in the back on the sides were factory was to begin with and all that, but will get some qlogic kick panels sometime when funds get better

i think i can get away with 1 comp set in my truck if i do it this way but i dont kno

oh, and putting the tweets in the door, good or bad? or make some sail panels for tweets?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i'd make the 1\4 ring out of a metal or plastic if you could, but that's a lot harder to do than wood.. and i'd deaden the whole pod inside, and have the lip of the deadening come to the edge... might have to drill through it to mount the speakers.. thats fine...

just make sure everything is super secure...

and as far as tweets.. a pillar is the best IMO.. next to sail... i like the look of sail better however, especially with swivel tweets.. point em right at ya.

good luck bro

thankx, ya i tryed to do apillers but couldn't get the handle off

has anyone ever ran tweets faceing up on dash like toyota camerys have theres? they sound good in the car too

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

thankx, ya i tryed to do apillers but couldn't get the handle off

has anyone ever ran tweets faceing up on dash like toyota camerys have theres? they sound good in the car too

I haven't but i've heard the camrys... sound bounces off the windshield.. very effective... i'd say give it a shot if you want...

To get the handle on your tacoma off, there are 2 little trim covers for the screws. Pry those off and there will either be a 10mm bolt or a large phillips screw. Take those 2 out and the handle should come right off.

I mounted my tweeters on that black little mirror cover above the trim panel, but it depends on which style mirrors you have.

As for mounting the midbass driver, there isn't much room. Most will hit the window or the trim panel, so it will take trial and error. I fit a set of 6 3/4 JL C5-650 components using the stock bracket but I had to modify it.

Just make sure you use plenty of deadener and seal up all the big holes in the door too.

Here are some pics of how I have mine set up, in a 99 Tacoma Extra Cab

http://picasaweb.google.com/ktm300/Subs#

Archived