Not sure this is the right place to ask but I have no idea what to do.

I have a 2002 explorer xlt and about a week ago my door ajar light went on and will not shut off and my dome lights stay on until about 10mph. This is what happens.

Car off, Dome lights off (dimmer switch off), Driver side door locks/mirror button work, door ajar goes away.

Car off, Dome lights on (dimmer switch on), Driver side door locks/mirror button doesn't work and door ajar stays on.

Car on, Dome lights on or off, Driver side door locks/mirror button do not work.

I tried the WD-40 in the latches trick to no avail. I checked the ground wire in the rubber part of the door and it looks like it was spliced and reattached from a previous owner because I haven't touched it. Should I check the splicing and see if something disconnected or could there be another reason this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ant the ninja

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

How was the rest of the wires in teh rubber door boot? Id check to see if you have any opens in the wiring. Does it change at all when opening and closing the door. Close the latch with a screwdriver and open the door and close. In the middle of doing this, if the symptoms come and go, then i would say its a harness.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3