Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate Power 1000bd

imupabove

I bought this used on eBay. works fine. but their is this whining noise coming from the amp when its on. its very annoying when volume is low. normal? help please!

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

Hey man I just haven't been in the mood to do much typing.

Hopefully someone else will jump in but I'm pretty sure I told you that those amp are notorious for haveing a high pitch whine comming out of them.

Directly from the amp its self.

I have read the info on how to fix it and lets just say it is not for anybody to try if they do not have much experience. The toroids inside the amp are causeing the squeal and the only way to fix it is to bend each leg of the toroid one at a time with no power hooked to the amp.

Bend one hook the amp back up and if it doesn't go away, unhook bend another and so on and so on untill its just rite.

But doing this can cause broken solder joints at the base of the toroid and you risk getting electricuted if done wrong.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I run my system so loud that I really don't even notice it.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I run my system so loud that I really don't even notice it.

yeah same here. im not going to open it up.

about that bass knob. can i just use a ordinary telephone cord, 6-pins one? because the seller threw in the knob but it doesnt look like the one from the manual (oval shaped). and its more smaller than one i showed you, the first knob from ebay. the knob doesnt even work. not sure if its the knob itself or the cord.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

Its most likely the cord.

RF of all people liked to make it hard on all of us by haveing a very priproitary (can't spell) design with their amps where they didn't want people to beable to use parts from anyone but them.

I have been meanning to Ohm out the connections on the cord but never have.

Post up in our want to buy section for a RF bass knob cord for amps from 2001 to 2003 and someone might beable to help you out.

Terryswork001.png

yeah same here. im not going to open it up.

about that bass knob. can i just use a ordinary telephone cord, 6-pins one? because the seller threw in the knob but it doesnt look like the one from the manual (oval shaped). and its more smaller than one i showed you, the first knob from ebay. the knob doesnt even work. not sure if its the knob itself or the cord.

It is worth a try.

Terryswork001.png

Besides the noise Do you like the amp?

Terryswork001.png

Besides the noise Do you like the amp?

hell yes. you know whats weird? i bypass my EQ and i was just using my headunit, the amp was a effing joke. BUT when i had my EQ installed and all and i had the sub volume up to like %80, it was really loud. i dont want to use my EQ for now b/c it is giving me problems. but now with just the headunit its effing sucks. that is why i want to use that bass knob.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

DO NOT COUNT ON ME but as I'm going throw my stuff if I find a factory cord and you haven't found a fix. I will help you out.

AGAIN DO NOT COUNT ON ME.

IF I find one I will PM you

Terryswork001.png

Is there any chance someone else would chime in about the hi pitch wine.

I have been helping him through PM's and he seems nice enough but I'm the only one that has explained to him what the whine is and I think if someone else that has experience with these amp would let him know everything is alright it might comfort him with his new purchase.

I don't know about you all but I like a second opinion.

Terryswork001.png