Ok, just like maybe 10 minutes agao I was taking the garbage down with my fourwheeler and Iwas backing up the hill (my driveway) to turn around and I couldn't get it to go into gear (high gear/low gear) it woulden't let me push the shifter up. The only thing it would do is go into park posistion and it locks into park but the computer says its in park and reverse at the same time. When I hit the throttle the wheels turn while they are supposed to be in park and I dont go anywhere(prob hurting the quad). So my it's stuck on the side of my driveway waiting for some one to steal it. The bike has had this problem before and I took it to get fixed and it worked for about 5 months but I guess they just half ass fixed it and now im paying the price.

It's too dark to do much to it now so tomarrow im gunna haveto try to back it up my steep driveway and into my garage atleast to keep it safe untill I can figure out what to do but id like to be able to use it if anyone has any ideas to trouble shoot this at home..

The bike is a 2005 Susuki Vinson 500 looks pritty much like this.

vinson500.jpg

0000_New_Ray_Suzuki_Vinson_500_Replica.jpg

Please post any ideas I could try to mess around with this to get it woking again but there may not be much I can do....

Ok, just like maybe 10 minutes agao I was taking the garbage down with my fourwheeler and Iwas backing up the hill (my driveway) to turn around and I couldn't get it to go into gear (high gear/low gear) it woulden't let me push the shifter up. The only thing it would do is go into park posistion and it locks into park but the computer says its in park and reverse at the same time. When I hit the throttle the wheels turn while they are supposed to be in park and I dont go anywhere(prob hurting the quad). So my it's stuck on the side of my driveway waiting for some one to steal it. The bike has had this problem before and I took it to get fixed and it worked for about 5 months but I guess they just half ass fixed it and now im paying the price.

It's too dark to do much to it now so tomarrow im gunna haveto try to back it up my steep driveway and into my garage atleast to keep it safe untill I can figure out what to do but id like to be able to use it if anyone has any ideas to trouble shoot this at home..

The bike is a 2005 Susuki Vinson 500 looks pritty much like this.

vinson500.jpg

0000_New_Ray_Suzuki_Vinson_500_Replica.jpg

Please post any ideas I could try to mess around with this to get it woking again but there may not be much I can do....

Figures...it's a suzuki...you should've gotten a Honda!! I would suggest taking off the plastic and see if anything is blocking the shifter, or any obstructions are in the way. It may be seized, or just...stuck. Electric shift FTW! ;}

"Everytime I ride by, she like the way the jet black Caddilac shine, make her say Oh My..."

2 Pioneer 12"s

Pioneer Amp

Pioneer Headunit

if its an electric shift then could be moisture in the shift solenoid. We have had that problem multiple times on our 450 and 500 Honda ES's. Take them apart, clean it all up, put it back together (serious bitch to do..) and silicone it shut, will last forever before doing it again.

if its a manual shift then you might be able to block the wheels off the ground and turn them a bit by hand while moving the shifter lever.

i'm too lazy to look up the specs on its exact shift style.. so.. yeah.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

if its an electric shift then could be moisture in the shift solenoid. We have had that problem multiple times on our 450 and 500 Honda ES's. Take them apart, clean it all up, put it back together (serious bitch to do..) and silicone it shut, will last forever before doing it again.

if its a manual shift then you might be able to block the wheels off the ground and turn them a bit by hand while moving the shifter lever.

i'm too lazy to look up the specs on its exact shift style.. so.. yeah.

its an automatic it just goase into one gear and you ride, no shifting required but im gunna see what happens when i take the sides off and look in there. i gotta do something though its just sitting in my garage right now.. thanks for the idea ill try to get something done soon.

Not sure on Suzuki but we had a 99 polaris sportsman that was automatic and belt drive. It never liked to go into gear, bearings went out and that was a pretty penny to get fixed. Might be an adjustment issue really.

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

Archived