So should i just stick with the d series and put money into it? its gonna be awhile down the road if i do the b series swap so the turbo will just be a for now till then thing.

and the link to the complete how to turbo a honda will be very useful. its good instructions its gonna make this so much easier

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

your gonna waste your money turboing this motor then moving to a b series. parts not compatible.

x2.. a boosted D will walk all over B series all day long. hell, a stock D will walk over a B series if you can drive. i've beated 2 B16's and one B18c1 with my stock D with boltons, even though the B18 vtec solenoid was bad, it still made me feel good : )

Boost the D, dont swap. parts on D series are very cheap and not sought after because noone really wants them as much as B F K and H series.

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

So should i just stick with the d series and put money into it? its gonna be awhile down the road if i do the b series swap so the turbo will just be a for now till then thing.

and the link to the complete how to turbo a honda will be very useful. its good instructions its gonna make this so much easier

i actually had it book marked for a while now, it just seemed like the best "how-to" guide. pretty much because it has pictures and full instructions, D series will rape B series all day long ; )

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

with the 880s im good for 500whp on race fuel. any bigger and idle gets ugly.

bang for the buck d series turboed all the way. with the amount of time and money for a b swap the turbo d will be well over 100 hp over the b series. to each his own... if your planning on spending big bucks i would go for the b series. way more potential.

Ok then d series it is. i wasnt really wanting to do the swap and now that i hear that im sticking with the motor it has. ill just work on this d and do everything i can and keep it like that. this has helped me alot with what ive got off this thread. its making alot of the missing pieces come together and make more sense.

aaaa.png

Oh and another question i have. how do i do the base tune. this tune thing is new to me. im not a idiot when it comes to things i have the common sense but i just want to make sure its what i think it is

aaaa.png

Oh and another question i have. how do i do the base tune. this tune thing is new to me. im not a idiot when it comes to things i have the common sense but i just want to make sure its what i think it is

Hondata program comes with base maps, so buy the s200 or s300, whichever is suitable for you, run the base map, pull your car onto a trailer, then take it to the dyno tuner. boom done lol

well decide how much your gonna spend. if your in the 10k range i would turbo a b series or even a k motor. only reason i stayed with the d is because i love being the underdog. when you walk past the v8s and they look under the hood, they trip the f out.

heck yes

was planning on 9s

kinna hard to see what makes it so expensive but all the parts are custom built around my a/c ;) had to keep my a/c. i live in the middle of the pacific ocean so my motor had to be shipped to mainland along with many other parts.

l_3f5846c3618f825c3f8129f85b502236.jpg

l_a57d5b650b134c2da628af066e8a24de.jpg

sorry to get off the train of thought in this topic, but sick ass car man!Looks like a beast

My First Set-Up (2008)

-Kicker CVR 2 ohm 12's in crap Prefab box

-Rockford digital 1 farad capacitor

-Hifonics Bxi1608d

-DB Link 2 gauge wiring kit

-Pioneer DEH-P3000IB Head Unit

My New Set-Up (2010)

-4 Alpine Type E 10's

-2 Apline MRP-M450's

-Custom box tuned @ 36 hertz

-JVC KD-R310 Head Unit

-Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge wiring