Second Skin Audio

solo classic or jbl wgti

GTi's are great all around sq/spl woofers. I just (2 weeks ago) installed 2 w15GTi's in my Tahoe. It is amazing. I had a w12 before the 15, and it was a great woofer. Great sound and could get really loud.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

either 2 15 solo classics or 2 15 jbl wgti woofers.

both in sealed boxes.

which will be louder / have better sq and go lower?

I WOULD WITH SOLO CLASSIC'S DUE TO THE SQ AND THEY DONT MUCH SPACE TO GET LOUD, AND THEY LIV UP TO THE LIVIN LOUD

I WOULD WITH SOLO CLASSIC'S DUE TO THE SQ AND THEY DONT MUCH SPACE TO GET LOUD, AND THEY LIV UP TO THE LIVIN LOUD

I would with Caps Lock. It makes posts go *WOW* and doesn't afraid of anything.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

To my knowledge they are 2 different woofers and meant for two different applications.

It has been so long since I have gone over the specs on the the GTi that I actually forget what is the best way to use it but I'm willing to say it is a more versatile woofer.

The Solo Classic is designed for one app and one app only and that is a sealed box with a volume of 1.25 cubic feet and thats it. I'll have my 4 10s installed by tuesday and I will know more but playing with it in the house so far and I like my Solo Classics.

The voice coils will take a ton of power but dropping 800 watts on a 450 watt driver I did notice was a little hard on the damn suspension and was pegging the cone on every hard drum hit but the VC was as cold as ice.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

To my knowledge they are 2 different woofers and meant for two different applications.

It has been so long since I have gone over the specs on the the GTi that I actually forget what is the best way to use it but I'm willing to say it is a more versatile woofer.

The Solo Classic is designed for one app and one app only and that is a sealed box with a volume of 1.25 cubic feet and thats it. I'll have my 4 10s installed by tuesday and I will know more but playing with it in the house so far and I like my Solo Classics.

The voice coils will take a ton of power but dropping 800 watts on a 450 watt driver I did notice was a little hard on the damn suspension and was pegging the cone on every hard drum hit but the VC was as cold as ice.

right to the Fs the 15 solo classic should kill the gti on the lows. (18 hz vs 25 hz).

do you have 4 10 solo classics?

my 15 L7 build

my youtube channel with lots of L7 videos

The w15s come with 2 data sheets. 1 is for sq, and has ideal volumes and tuning frequencies for sealed, ported, or bandpass. They also come with a data sheet for SPL competition enclosures, with 3 different tuning frequency enclosures. I built my enclosure a bit larger at just over 9 cubes and tuned to just under 30hz, and it is amazing.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

right to the Fs the 15 solo classic should kill the gti on the lows. (18 hz vs 25 hz).

do you have 4 10 solo classics?

Ya man I 3 here and the 4th will be here on Monday unless there is a delay in shipping.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I wouldn't worry to much about the Fs man.

Terryswork001.png