Second Skin Audio

solo classic or jbl wgti

i heard the solo classic will go louder than a ported l7.

hard to believe, but why did you chose the s classic?

Solo Classic=SC for now on. I'm the perfect guy for this as I am one of the biggest L7 runners on this site.

Yes there are rumors that the SC will compete with the L7 sealed. Do I believe it NO not yet. am I going to beable to tell if its true? Probably not as everything will be different in this install.

Will a SC go up against a L7 in a ported Box? Oh hell no. My Termlab numbers on 2 L7 10s ported with 500 watts@2ohm and shitty electrical was 142s and 144s.

Wireing that same amp to 1 ohm nominal I have achieved 139 DB (with music not a test tone)with only one 10 but that was on an audio control meter. (and beat a shit talker that had 3 15 inch subs and more power.) But I was trained by guys that have spent their time at multiple world finals events.

I'm expecting to be doing high 130s to low 140s with my new setup.

Why the change? after running L7s since around 01 or 02 and running 4 out of the 5 different versions of the L7 I decided that I wanted a change and even though I can make L7s sound really good the SC was designed to be Kickers SQ woofer and will take all the guess work out of everything as far as designing a SQ system. I won't have to fiddle with box design.

It will do what its supposed to do and thats it. No trial and error issues with the SC and originally wanted 15s with great SQ but if you research me you will find out that I am the 10 inch king in these parts besides Thorshamer (DC Level 5 10s) and I'm not going to do the math but I should have more cone area with my 4 10s verse 2 15s.

Oh and I'm a Kicker fanboy.

I'm heading out to work on the truck.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

sealed boxes are also known to be louder to ear and ported ones do much higher numbers.

once a guy tested his 12" with a sealed box, a vented and a huge vented one. although the spl enclosure did 6 db+ over the sealed it wasnt noticeable to ear and it even lost the "pound" in the chest.

since i dont want to compete i might look into the SCs. they were made for max sq (and aswell high output) whereas the GTI is a more multi-enclosure sub for spl use also.

when do you get the SCs in?

my 15 L7 build

my youtube channel with lots of L7 videos

Here you go man.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72470-solo-classic-3-of-4-and-4-is-shipped/

and look for post #10 and it will have a link to my build log. The new build starts on page 5,6 or 7. I can't remember but all the pages have something to look at.

I'm arleady on my truck so I will answer questions when I come in off and on.

FYI Ported boxes designed for music can play really really low and on some occasions lower than a sealed box.

I'm probably still going to buy a set of SC 15s but I want a new H/U 1st then new sub amps. RF BD cp's.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png