Need Help With A Generator Asap

My friend is throwing a party tonight and only problem is we dont have no power at all!! Lol so now electricity or water in the house...

We have two generators though...so my question is

Is it true all I have to do is run an extension cord from the generator to any outlet inside the outside, that will allow all the outlets to have power?

What would I need to do to get the AC running?

My friend is throwing a party tonight and only problem is we dont have no power at all!! Lol so now electricity or water in the house...

We have two generators though...so my question is

Is it true all I have to do is run an extension cord from the generator to any outlet inside the outside, that will allow all the outlets to have power?

What would I need to do to get the AC running?

Okay, here we go,

First, in theory, yes you could just run an extension cord from the generator to a plug inside, but it would only give power to the room/rooms on that same circuit. You would definately want to make sure your house's main power breaker is switched off in case the power comes back on in the middle of the party & SIZZLEEEEE ---there goes your generator up in smoke!

I really don't think there's a safe way for you to get your central air up & running with a portable generator since it's usually directly hard-wired into the fuse box. I'd say go pick up a 50dollar window unit for the night especially since your home air system would likely need all or more power than what your generators could supply in the first place.

Hope I could help :)

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Thanks Chris, for the main part you answered most of my questions... I guess we are going to go get a portable unit from HD and return it tomorrow or monday..

Yeah that sounds like it would work. Just make sure it doesn't draw more than what your generators can put out & you'll be fine. B)

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.