Second Skin Audio

box design help please

could someone help me out with a box design? perferibly drawn up in sketchup? the space ive got to work with is

2.75 cu ft apiece

.25 speaker displacement

35 wide

14 tall

33 deep ontop

35 deep on bottom

34 hrz

slot port

subs forward but tilted back abit towards the top so the subs fit in the 14" ive got to work with. the subs are 15" so the face needs to be atleast 16 1/2" i beleive. like a big wedge box kinda. idk about the port. id like it to go thru the rear deck. but i wouldnt be able to slide the box in with the port sticking up. or the port could be between the subs on the face and could act like a center brace.

thank you.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

no help????

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

The dimensions you put up give you a lot more than the 2.75 cu ft of air space. After port and sub displacement with the dimensions you gave you're looking at 6.33 cu ft. would that be too big for your sub?

Back-1.jpg

Front-1.jpg

Left-1.jpg

Top.jpg

Couldn't put the subs forward with the dimensions you gave the front side would have to be raked way too much for them to have enough room to mount

Edited by hhowell1990

thanks. yeah that would be too much for the subs. ill see how much more room i can get so the subs could be mounted forward. thanks once again.

what would you think the minimum height i could get away with would be? im thinking 16 3/4?

I'm looking at Fi's website and the OD for their 15" subs is 15 5/8 and a 14 1/8 cutout. I'd suggest going with 16" tall. I'm not on my computer right now so I don't have access to sketchup or the box designing program that I use, but when i get on my laptop later tonight I'll design you another one that uses the 35" of width you gave me and 16" tall but go shallower so it's only 5-6 cubic feet. Do you want the port centered like I had it or offset to one side?

thanks soo much. yeah id like to go the full width so that ive got more trunk space after the box. 5 cu ft would be the best. yeah id like the port in the center. that would be magnificent. thanks!

the top of the box for the first 3 inchs can only be 16" then it will have to drop back down to 14. the trunk lid tortion bars are in the way for the rest of the box to be 16".

that might not work out because your subs probably don't go down in diameter enough at 2 inches behind the baffle. Because if it's 14 inches tall that's the outside measurements you have to compensate for the thickness of the wood so you're only going to have 12 1/2 inches. your only option might be going subs up and in the back

the top of the box for the first 3 inchs can only be 16" then it will have to drop back down to 14. the trunk lid tortion bars are in the way for the rest of the box to be 16".

you could drop the port through the rear dash assuming you can get the port started. you'd have to seal it once it's in though

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)