Jump to content

Toyota Tercel... yeah i said it. SHIRT TRICK FROM A PYLE


Recommended Posts

Posted

May need a better ground for the switch... I remember I had hell of a hard time finding a ground for my head unit in my '91 Celica. Make sure your ground is not too long also, that could cause problems. I found a piece of metal behind the head unit in the dash and realized that it was bolted onto aluminum, then onto plastic lol.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

  • Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Posted

May need a better ground for the switch... I remember I had hell of a hard time finding a ground for my head unit in my '91 Celica. Make sure your ground is not too long also, that could cause problems. I found a piece of metal behind the head unit in the dash and realized that it was bolted onto aluminum, then onto plastic lol.

Haha

you mean the switch itself or what? Because i have it like this

Hu(remote out+)....switch....amp

I imagine it grounds through the amp ground. I may be wrong.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Posted

How close is the switch to the amp or the head unit?

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

  • Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Posted

Is the ground wire from the switch more than 18" long?

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

  • Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Posted

No, the switch.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

  • Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Posted

The switch doesn't have a ground its just a toggle switch.

Ohh ok... I keep thinking that there is 3 prongs on the toggle switch and I just remembered it doesn't need to be grounded if its not illuminated.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

  • Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Posted

Ohh ok... I keep thinking that there is 3 prongs on the toggle switch and I just remembered it doesn't need to be grounded if its not illuminated.

Yeah

But it should be fine ill just ignore the hissing i cant hear it over the music anyway.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 442 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...