Sonic Electronix

That looks super duper sexy, I'd like to see that set up.

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Kenwood 5.25" Mids

Alpine SPS-500 5.25" Mids

4 awg Rockford Fosgate wiring kit

Rockford Fosgate P312D2

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 600.4

Pioneer DEH-3100UB HU

Is there any difference in sound you notice?

Oh yea!

I didn't go through too many songs with it yet but they're defiantly louder. And for some reason it's rattling the fuck out of my roof and headliner now.

SOTM maybe? I know it's not as expensive as some of the others but it's clean as hell and it rattles like a mofo!

almost ever install my buddy did (he useto own a shop) when he did inverted subs he would drill a hole in the basket and run the speaker wire threw the hole and zip tie it to the ribs on the basket n it looked clean

im gunna run my mtx 8000's inverted, not because of the sexi 12spoke basket but my subs dont move in much, there more of a move out sub, but my old mtx 8000 12 would not move out at all, just move in, i dnt kno why, it was one of the 4 my buddy ran in his spl setup with 2 mtx 1501d's n he got around a 146.8 or somethin out of it in a acura i think it was

i dnt think phaseing matters in inverting unless theres one inverted and one regular, why this is is due to how a wave form works, theres a pos pull and a neg pull and when the bass hits and if there both wired the same they both move the same but not how there intended to be, like in a pos wave the sub moves down, if its inverted it moves up into the basket sort of, why u would change the phase is to counter act the pos n neg wave, kinda like how a magnet works, pos n pos will repell but pos n neg will attract

hope this makes since, u will not damage a sub by inverting it, hell most ppl run subs in an infant baffle setup without a back to the box kinda how door speakers work and they dont damage em, hell even free air wont damage a sub if u dnt do it stupidly but some ppl like myself really want to see what a sub can do freeair lol

as long as the wave aint clipped your good, inverted does change ur tuneing due to not as much sub displacement

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Well, I'm pretty confident that all is well with my new upgrade.

I left the wires the same as they were before and just switched the + and - at the amp.

almost ever install my buddy did (he useto own a shop) when he did inverted subs he would drill a hole in the basket and run the speaker wire threw the hole and zip tie it to the ribs on the basket n it looked clean

As far as keeping it clean goes, I just routed the wires through one of the screw holes in the sub. There is a good 7 or 8 screws in each one so no air is escaping.

ive done a weeee bit of testing with inverting woofers. with a single tsns 18 when i used to have them

i saw a very small gain in switching the woofers phase. it varied from nothing to the max i saw was 0.3.

Also i have heard another theory from a buddy of mine about inverting woofers. In theory a sound wave has an easier time getting out of the basket when the rear of the cone is not under pressure from being inside of a box. I believe it is true but i also believe it has to do with pressure being on the spiders and the coil.

Roseville, CA

Archived